Front AND Rear Bumper Pics

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a JD2 model 3 bender i herd alot of good things about them. I never bought any dies for it cause there kind of expensive. the bender itself is only $300. it will bend up to 2" tube. www.JD2.com

I'm wanting to try one TSC has that's similar, it's only around $85. A friend of mines wants one, maybe I can talk him into buying it and just using his. :D 8)

Thats what iam waiting on :cheers: yeahthat.gif I love haveing friends that like to Fab

Cole

well i have a whole shop. with welders of every kind, plasma cutter, all the little hand tools, and benders plus metal band saws. not to rub anything in or anything like that :D . but if you guys were closer you could come use it but it won't help you that much since you guys are so far away.

Alex

oh but I'm close enough ;)

here's a pic of my bumper I made not to long ago. Its made of C-channel with the ends boxed end. Its mounted with stock brackets that are reinforced to the bumper.

Egg

egg, that inspires me to box then ends of mine in, that's pretty nice.

Did you tie the reciever tube into anything under the bed? I was thinking of taking a strap from the end of the tube and bolting it to the "X" under the bed.

well i have a whole shop. with welders of every kind, plasma cutter, all the little hand tools, and benders plus metal band saws. not to rub anything in or anything like that :D . but if you guys were closer you could come use it but it won't help you that much since you guys are so far away.

Alex

Hmmm, I see a road trip in the future. :D 8)

i knew that was a bad idea, but WTH. if we could get all the tractors out of the way and all the hay sold we have for sale that is sort of not allowing me to grind or weld or anything that could set it on fire :eek: . lol.

Alex

I seriously doubt I'll make a trip that far just to work on my truck, but it was an idea. Plus it'd be a long time before I did if I did. :cheers: 8)

if you are wanting straw then i can't help ya. hay and straw is two different things. hay is more for animals and straw goes on the ground as covering. most people don't see the difference.

Alex

I've heard that, just never knew for sure.

All I know is, you coulda fed this stuff to animals it had so much "extra" stuff in it. I was gonna take it back, but it's kinda hard to re-bale it once you cut the twine off, y'know? :D

Jeff

eh its hollywood, they are not that bright. look at what they did in war of the worlds, they ruined a nice mj when they could have used an xj just as easy and there are a ton more of those. soapbox.gif

i think we have hi-jacked this thread since noone else seems to have bumper pics. lol.

Alex

I love that bumper for some reason. Do you have to buy the hitch part to weld in it kinda looks like it. Is that Homemade?? And BTW i don't care you hijacked my thread there wasnt any bumper pics coming up and hell i was helping in the jacking. :cheers: :D

Cole

• 1 month later...

I finaly got my bumper finished and mounted it's made from 3/16 wall 2x5" tube.

Image Not Found

I made the mounts out of 6" wide 1/4" plate. i still need to weld some 3" 1/4 wall angel to bolt to the bottom of the frame and reinforce the bumper from side loading.

Image Not Found

And i found this license plate light for $3 at Advance Auto Parts its small and has a metal housing i don't think it will get broken to easy

Image Not Found

• 2 weeks later...