How to:Lifting

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the whole idea of lifting my manche. Could someone explain what exactly will be required? and possibly some steps?

Thanks a million!

Hello

Your answer really depends on what you want to acheive in a lift ;)

Could you narrow it down a little?

yeah I'm thinking probably a 3'? is that enough info lol?

Totally.

With a 3" lift, most quality kits will provide you new coils, new front brake lines, lower control arms and maybe a new track bar (or relocate the axle mounting hole). The rear would probably get a new (extended) shackle and an Add-A-Leaf (AAL).

It will take about four hours if you have never done it before and would require a front end alignment (I just use a tape measure).

As far as steps...........your lift would come with specific instructions but basically unbolt all the OEM stuff and replace it with the new AM stuff.

Totally.

With a 3" lift, most quality kits will provide you new coils, new front brake lines, lower control arms and maybe a new track bar (or relocate the axle mounting hole). The rear would probably get a new (extended) shackle and an Add-A-Leaf (AAL).

It will take about four hours if you have never done it before and would require a front end alignment (I just use a tape measure).

As far as steps...........your lift would come with specific instructions but basically unbolt all the OEM stuff and replace it with the new AM stuff.

:hijack: what 3 inch kits come with front brake lines? i'm gonna be going with a 3inch, most likely a rough country kit paired with hell creek rear leafs, and i've been looking at all the major company's kits (rough country, skyjacker, crusty's, hell creek, etc) and i've yet to find one that comes with front lines, hell most of the ones ive seen don't even have the rear extended line... maybe i'm looking for lift in all the wrong places... :dunno:

Totally.

:hijack: what 3 inch kits come with front brake lines? i'm gonna be going with a 3inch, most likely a rough country kit paired with hell creek rear leafs, and i've been looking at all the major company's kits (rough country, skyjacker, crusty's, hell creek, etc) and i've yet to find one that comes with front lines, hell most of the ones ive seen don't even have the rear extended line... maybe i'm looking for lift in all the wrong places... :dunno:

I think Rubicon Express comes with lines but they might be rear lines. (I'm also thinking XJ kit MJ might be different)

yeah I'm looking for looks and some light trails. nothing to big, but gotts keep the costs down which is definately making it harder

If you don't mind a slightly stiffer ride (the spring rate is 10lbs or so heavier) then I would recommend the Rough country 3" kit. which one you go with is up to you, I have the stage 1 with the AAL's and I love it. I would go with a full leaf pack next time though if I could get the money together. I know that Rough country gives a 10% discount to members of Jeepforum but I don't know about this forum.

I used the 2" Rubicon Express lift kit , came with the pucks and the ad-a-leaf in the rear . Didn't need a new brake line

or at least until I go past three inches . I also used the RE lift shocks and am working on RE drop brackets , w/ new

ZJ V8 springs in the front . I rides better than it did stock !

Here is my shiz !