Truck Tool Box

500 MJ

As I recall, they are generic fit. 1 size for small trucks, another for full size (it's been a while since I last looked).

I have had them on full size trucks before. You may get the choice of a solid top or a split top. I highly reccomend the solid top. They can be opened from either side and have no gaps that can leak. :cheers: Every split top I've had eventually leaked. :mad:

As I recall, they are generic fit. 1 size for small trucks, another for full size (it's been a while since I last looked).

x2, but some are shallow and some are deep (more like a job-box). I've got a shallow Delta box on mine, and I'm still able to slide things under it, up to about 12" high, the whole way to the front of the bed. That's a plus when hauling lumber or garden-type tools with long handles. The only downside is that it's damn near impossible to get the area in front of the wheelwells cleaned out after hauling a load of soil/gravel/mulch etc... once you empty the load out.

That's a 235/75 spare in there under the box (along with a bunch of other crap :D ) It just fits under....I know a 31" isn't gonna fit :cry:

Jeff

Image Not Found

i use to have one of those delta plastic ones. i took it back and got a refund. the latch part pulled too hard and shreded the plastic that was holding it all together. the plastic ones are also known to sweat bad in the humidity, ture or not i am not sure. i only had mine for one month in winter. i will get some pics of my new one once i get my 91 here. it looks like the ones we have used in our K-10s for years here on the farm. i will have to get brands and stuff but the one in our K-10 now is over 12 years old, still without any problems.

Alex

it looks like the ones we have used in our K-10s for years here on the farm. i will have to get brands and stuff but the one in our K-10 now is over 12 years old, still without any problems.

Let me know what brand it is ASAP, I'm the kind of guy that likes to only buy things once.

it looks like the ones we have used in our K-10s for years here on the farm. i will have to get brands and stuff but the one in our K-10 now is over 12 years old, still without any problems.

Let me know what brand it is ASAP, I'm the kind of guy that likes to only buy things once.

i will go look and see if i can find a brand on it. all the decals are gone, we took them off when it was new. lol. i think there should be a label inside though so i will look and see if they have on MJ size on their site maybe.

Alex

Awesome, I'd prefer to get a polished one because I have plans on getting a chrome front for mine.

What would be sweet would be to get a stainless one rather than polished aluminum but I haven't seen any out there yet... :brows:

Awesome, I'd prefer to get a polished one because I have plans on getting a chrome front for mine.

What would be sweet would be to get a stainless one rather than polished aluminum but I haven't seen any out there yet... :brows:

The beauty of aluminum is that you can move it around yourself. I felt like the incredible hulk when I lifted that damn thing into my bed jamminz.gif

Dimensions of mine: 60" x 20" x 13.5" (deep). I got it used for $50. One latch doesnt work but it locks with a master lock. I've even mounted my CB antenna on it. :brows: I love the darn thing

87manche how much do you want for the metal box, and where in ohio are you?

call it $25 if you come and get it. Maybe free if you got any random spare parts.

I'm in AShland, it's where 250 meets 71. About 2 hours from toledo.

We could make arrangments to meet up near toledo. I got some friends up there I been meaning to visit anyway.

87manche how much do you want for the metal box, and where in ohio are you?

call it $25 if you come and get it. Maybe free if you got any random spare parts.

I'm in AShland, it's where 250 meets 71. About 2 hours from toledo.

We could make arrangments to meet up near toledo. I got some friends up there I been meaning to visit anyway.

or you both could come meet at my place in marion (about 30mins away from delaware and 1hr away from ashland) instead of going clear to toledo. i will be getting tons of spare parts next week that you both can look through and buy. 87manche can bring the toolbox and bdjr can get a toolbox and front coils. lol. :D

Alex

ok i found a sticker. it is a Delta Champion single lid and it was bought back in 94. the only thing we have done to it is replace the pistons about 1yr ago. the rest of the box works and looks great. just need to get one MJ size which you can look up on their site or use some of the sizes posted on here and just go to lowes and take your tape with ya.

Alex

ok i found a sticker. it is a Delta Champion single lid and it was bought back in 94. the only thing we have done to it is replace the pistons about 1yr ago. the rest of the box works and looks great. just need to get one MJ size which you can look up on their site or use some of the sizes posted on here and just go to lowes and take your tape with ya.

Alex

that could be done.

Alex

that could be done.

what? taking his tape to lowes or meeting at my place. lol

Alex

I clicked the wrong quote button. I meant about meeting at your place. If he's coming down there to get parts I could drop this toolbox off.

not a problem. we just need to figure out when and if it is going to happen for sure. my 86 is gone so all the parts and my 91 should be here sometime this week i hope. so this weekend might work or whenever. the only day that won't work is friday for me.

Alex