91 Eliminator 4x4

ok well as most of you should know i am buying Robs 91 Eliminator. i am going to try my best to finish the projects he was working on or was going to do. since my laptop fried i can't post any pics of it and the parts except ones i have on photobucket. so here is what i have:

91 as it sits right now at Robs house

Image Not Found

XJ Control Center, i am going to hook up what i can untill i can get the money rounded up to find an XJ that has/had one of these in the JYs and grab the axles so i do not have to drill holes in mine for the sensors. look for the write up for this this spring/summer.

there is also an XJ headliner counsle that has the temp/compass in it that will be going up. (pics on laptop)

i will also be ripping the carpet out to por-15 and rhino line it so it does not rust again and i can just wash it out after a good mud bath. holes will be drilled in the low spots to fit TJ plugs then those will go in.

Alex

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well beaterjeep is coming to pickup my 86 this friday. then the 91 and all the parts are being delivered to my house hopefully sometime next week. we have been trying to figure out how to work all this out since Rob posted that it was for sale on here. i was not having any luck getting someone to tag along with me on the trip so we finally figured out this way that works. once it gets here i will be able to get pics of all the parts and some good ones of the truck. i am also working on transfering all the pics off my laptop to the desktop so i have them again.

but there will be tons of info going in here on the truck itself along with pics of it and the parts. first project on it though will be to track down the vac leak so the 4x4 works this winter.

Alex

first project on it though will be to track down the vac leak so the 4x4 works this winter.

Alex

Pop the CAD cover off and slide the coupler over to lock both shafts together, move the shift fork so it sits inside, and reinstall the cover. You can shim the fork over with some washers if you want, but it shouldn't move from where it sits as long as you don't apply any vaccuum to the shift motor. Don't reconnect the vac lines, and plug the fittings.

Jeff

first project on it though will be to track down the vac leak so the 4x4 works this winter.

Alex

Pop the CAD cover off and slide the coupler over to lock both shafts together, move the shift fork so it sits inside, and reinstall the cover. You can shim the fork over with some washers if you want, but it shouldn't move from where it sits as long as you don't apply any vaccuum to the shift motor. Don't reconnect the vac lines, and plug the fittings.

Jeff

i might give that a shot if all else fails. i had this problem on my 86 so i think i might know where to start looking. just have to wait til i get it though i guess.

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

well as you can see it is on the trailer and on its way here as i write this. so i should have pics and a few pics of the CAD "temp" project i am going to do once it gets here. then i will try to follow that up with the radio/compass installation since the compass ties into the radio area for the most part. then the rollbar/lights. that i would guess would be it til the summer time for projects. then i will get into the xj control center, find the 4wd vac leak, and a homemade rear bumper or reinforcing a stock rear bumper if i can find one. I am going to use some of the por-15 clearcoat over the real paintjob that is chip proof and everything so it won't get hurt off the road. it will also get a custom black matching interior down the road too. nothing ricer looking, just black factory looks.

so look for pics and stuff starting monday, or sooner if i get too giddy. :D

Alex

:eek: There's no badges on the truck.

:D It's about bloody time you got that! You could just stencil the Umbrella logo on.

it has the comanche badges on the doors. i kept my 86 ones and they are going on as soon as it gets here. i like the cap letters better, more bold looking for a truck. i also have the 4.0 badge and command-trac badge to put on it. along with my 2 trail-rated badges. oh and the 4x4 ones too. lol.

and i did not think about stenciling the logos one. i did well on the jeep letters on my 86 tailgate. i might do that. won't be as hard as the jeep letters were. but i have to do those again unless i just buy some reflective letters off spencer.

Alex

:eek: There's no badges on the truck.

:D It's about bloody time you got that! You could just stencil the Umbrella logo on.

it has the comanche badges on the doors. i kept my 86 ones and they are going on as soon as it gets here. i like the cap letters better, more bold looking for a truck. i also have the 4.0 badge and command-trac badge to put on it. along with my 2 trail-rated badges. oh and the 4x4 ones too. lol.

Alex

Yep, I have a naked MJ, the only badging I have is on the header panel.

not true. you have the 2.8L V6 and Selec-trac badges. lol.

yea sorry bout that. i had to hunt for those badges that i had on the 86. got some from people here on in the club, some from JYs, and a few from ebay. if you can't find any 86 style ones i can send ya the lower case ones off the 91. just let me know if ya need em.

Alex

not true. you have the 2.8L V6 and Selec-trac badges. lol.

yea sorry bout that. i had to hunt for those badges that i had on the 86. got some from people here on in the club, some from JYs, and a few from ebay. if you can't find any 86 style ones i can send ya the lower case ones off the 91. just let me know if ya need em.

Alex

Oh, yea, I forgot about them ones. I guess it's easy to forget what it looks like when last time I seen it was when we got back at 11:30 at night. As far as finding new ones, ah, I think I'll worry about that whenever I get it back. Which right now is up in the air.

i can't believe you don't have it back yet. but hey it aint as bad as one of the many times i had it looked at about the rear main. one place had it for 3 weeks. they did not even look at it til the 3rd week. then they had the nerve to charge me 50 just for looking at it. they also wanted over 1k to fix it. that is when i decided to do it myself, but my jack blew apart while trying to lift it so i decided to sell it.

Alex

i can't believe you don't have it back yet. but hey it aint as bad as one of the many times i had it looked at about the rear main. one place had it for 3 weeks. they did not even look at it til the 3rd week. then they had the nerve to charge me 50 just for looking at it. they also wanted over 1k to fix it. that is when i decided to do it myself, but my jack blew apart while trying to lift it so i decided to sell it.

Alex

Yea, the guy we took it to says it leaks from more than the rear main, and he also claims that it has a tick, yea right, I never heard one, so we think he's just making excuses because he don't wanna work on it, so we might be taking it elsewhere soon.

but my jack blew apart while trying to lift it so i decided to sell it.

:rotf:

You installing a sweet system when you wire that gadget in? I think I'm one of only a few with a sub.

Not true, in my 88 at one time I had 2 12" VR4's with a 800 watt amp. Took it to a DB competition that a local sound shop has, and I hit 135.4 with it. Now if only I had my computer I could post pics of it. Had to sell the setup for work on it.

well i have a full Xplod system that i am putting in it, along with a tornado(spl?) tube. it should get some real nice bass going in the smaller cab.

and the jack flying apart was funnier then but only because i was not under the truck when it happened.

and joe, if it comes down to it, doing the rear main is not hard at all. the reason it costs so much and noone wants to do it i am told is that it takes time. i was told by my friend ,who was going to do it but instead told me how, that all u need is a floor jack and two people. just take the tranny off and you are there. but he said it takes time.

Alex

but my jack blew apart while trying to lift it so i decided to sell it.

:rotf:

You installing a sweet system when you wire that gadget in? I think I'm one of only a few with a sub.

Not true, in my 88 at one time I had 2 12" VR4's with a 800 watt amp. Took it to a DB competition that a local sound shop has, and I hit 135.4 with it. Now if only I had my computer I could post pics of it. Had to sell the setup for work on it.

I had a rockford fosgate system in mine for awhile and i could hit close to 135 db. Oh yeah not to jack but ill sell you the system out of my mustang if you want to put in your MJ you would just need a diff box for it to fit. :brows: ;)

Cole

I had a rockford fosgate system in mine for awhile and i could hit close to 135 db. Oh yeah not to jack but ill sell you the system out of my mustang if you want to put in your MJ you would just need a diff box for it to fit. :brows: ;)

Cole

Well, as tempting as it sounds, I'm kinda dead broke after buying the 86 and will be even further in debt after I get it fixed. Later on down the road after I get out of my debt and have some extra spending money, I have a sweet 3 sub setup I've been thinking about doing for a few years now, and now that I finally have bucket seats, it will work out.

joe - sure thing. i will have to dig into the files i saved onto the pc from my laptop. i had writeups and everything. not too hard, but once i lost my jack i was stuck and could not proceed.

i have used this xplod stuff in every MJ i have had so far. i have the complete set. all four speakers for the factory locations, amps, 12" subs, and now the tornado tube. plus my newer xplod radio plays the nice artrac 3 format sony has so i can fit lots of music on one disc. it also has the plug so i can plug in my psp or laptop. i was thinking of putting one of the 1k dvd players with the screen that comes out then pops up so you can see it. i might down the road so i can have an umbrella interface play on it at shows.

Alex

I was talking to ne body i can't get rid of this thing and it cost me over $1000 and i am trying to sell it for 425 and no takers i even told a couple of guys 375 but i really didnt want to sell it for that and still no go. I am starting to just put it in my Lancer and call it good since its taking up Jeep part storage. ;) so don't worry bout answering the post.

Cole