Front Trimming?

What's that lower plastic piece under the Front Bumper called?

I'm considering chopping it out, I'm sure guys have talked about here before and it requires some trimming of the Front edge of the fender flares. If I'm going to get front tow hooks, it looks like they require you to notch that thing anyhow, so I thought it might just look better if it were removed...

img2787i.jpg

Thoughts?

SW2

I think it's called an air dam or valence. Anyhow, in your case, I think I would leave it and just notch it out for the hooks. Now in case your wondering why I said that, it's because your truck is very stock looking and I think you should try to keep it as close to stock as you can. Especially if you ever think of selling it.

You could also get another one if you don't want to notch the original.

Off topic: Did you have the bumper powder coated? Looks real nice. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Off topic: Did you have the bumper powder coated? Looks real nice. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Nope, was done with the Dupli-color spray truck bed liner on the bumper and Kylon Fusion on the endcaps (I think)

Ahh, that explains the texture. I thought you had it powder coated with a krinkle finish. Still look great.

that looks good too. i notched mine out just to keep that "factory" look.

4786_1158747642612_1045384594_1881332_5511468_n.jpg

I'm thinking Notch First, and if I hate it, take it the rest of the way off...kind of like a hair cut, it's easy to remove more if it's not short enough, but harder to go the other way around.

The Tow hooks have been ordered, so I expect will be here sometime next week...

Wade

Notch it out. Keep the air flow dynamics (such as they were) as designed.

Thanks Don...can you get me a closer pic of your "notches"? It almost looks like you cut out a little square and there is still connected plastic under your hooks. I'm going with the D-ring/Shackle mounts as I prefer those, and I don't plan on leaving the rings attached all of the time.

Thanks Don...can you get me a closer pic of your "notches"? It almost looks like you cut out a little square and there is still connected plastic under your hooks. I'm going with the D-ring/Shackle mounts as I prefer those, and I don't plan on leaving the rings attached all of the time.

Hey Wade. Ignoring the previous post from this member, I've attached a post of the tow hook air dam notch cutout. I used the HiCountry brackets, and inserted the hooks thru the notch to attach to the brackets. Have done some mods since and cleaned it up a bit, but it basically is the same. The D-rings brackets will also fit thru the slot.

Image Not Found