backyard grill question

Pete M

We've gone through many BBQs, we now have a three burner gas grill with a rotisserie and side burner, a Weber kettle, Weber Performer, assorted Smokey Joes & small gas grills, but what I use /LOVE the most is my Big Green Egg!!! Fill it with lump charcoal and I can keep the temp at 200° +/- 5° to smoke a pork shoulder or brisket for 24 hours or get it up to >800° to sear them steaks!!! In fact we just used it today, it's just great. I hope you enjoy yours half as much as I enjoy mine and you'll be in heaven!!!

big_green_egg_all5_461x307.jpg

She looks like a beauty. Ok, how much did ya pay for it?

Dunno. :dunno: It lists at Lowes for 700 and was on sale 50 off, but then my bro-in-law says he knows someone at the loganville Lowes and can get a decent discount. He picked it up and brought it over so I don't know what precisely he paid.

Weber Performer Touch-n-Go! TNT, I can't believe you found one in someone's trash! A friend of mines parents have had one for a long time and I got mine 12yrs ago after seeing theirs. Like TNT said, it is propane fired charcoal. To me, nothing beats meat cooked on a charcoal grill. People talk about the convenience of gas etc. When I want to grill, I go start the charcoal with the propane, go inside and do a little prep, about 5-8 mins later go turn off the gas, then go inside and finish prepping or have a beer.

Other cool features: hinged cooking grate w/side charcoal bins (for indirect cooking), thermometer that doubles as a meat thermometer, ash catcher.

http://www.weber.com/grills/?glid=4&mid=25

Try a marine stainless grill .....I have a " FORCE 10 " unit , absolutely bullet-proof , instant heat and super economical ,a 20lb bottle will last all summer and half the winter . Everthing is stainless , so you can leave it outside uncovered with out worry about it looking like a MJ rocker panel by spring :thumbsup: