the crocodile hunter

DansGreyMj

When my daughter was 5 we were watching one of his shows when he was getting spit on, in the face, by a cobra. After a few minutes she turned to me and said "He isn't very smart, is he?"

I used to enjoy his show until he was carrying his infant around in the crock pen and holding it just feet away from the crocks mouth.

Reality-------------------------------------------------------------------Irwin.

Steve was up there near the top of my list of people I admire most. Not necessarily because of what he did, but because he got to do what he loves to do, and make a living out of it. And not just that, he was one of the lucky ones that was able to share his passion with the world. And I gotta imagine that's what he truly loved most. Working with animals is one thing, but there's only so much one man can do by himself. Inspire the next generation to care about the dwindling wild places and you just might make a real difference in the world. :bowdown:

Rest in peace, mate. Rest in peace. :cry:

Yeah I admired him too, but you have to admit he wasn't all there. 8)

i don't think u could really say that about him, he just really loved animals, people must think were crazy for working on our old, rusted out heeps, but we love doing just like he loved puting his life in danger the was he did

i don't think u could really say that about him, he just really loved animals, people must think were crazy for working on our old, rusted out heeps, but we love doing just like he loved puting his life in danger the was he did

But we don't lift our Jeeps in the air, balance them on stacked pencils, and change out trannies from underneath.

It is a shame, but if I die, I hope I enjoy what I'm doing.

**shudder**

my wife and I actually swam with stingrays two summers ago off the coast of Grand Cayman. We (and every other person in the water) were scared poopless for about the first 20 minutes.......

I got some good pics with a disposable underwater camera.

Glad we did it, but I don't think I'd ever do it again :nuts:

Hell of a way to go.

Jeff

when i heard someone said "swordfish" instead of stingray and i was imagining this wild scene of him getting nailed by a swordfish straight thruogh the heart!

i thought people swam with stingrays all the time? guess this is bad for business...

he sure was a passionate wildlife man thats for sure!

jamminz.gif