Iron rock Long arm low down?

Ok so what's the deal with this set up? I heard of some talk about them but not about the la set up. So hit me with your opinions, i could care less about weather you have run it, know someone that has, have it now, or never seen it until now, just tell me what you think. :thumbsup:

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant ... e=IR-X_6LK

I don't like how only one of the upper control arm mounts is used...it was put there at the factory for a reason. :idea:

Spend your money wisely and you won't regret it: http://claytonoffroad.com/product_info. ... cts_id=114 - 10% off PLUS FREE SHIPPING!

Iron Rock's kit may turn out to work or it may be a pile. Clayton or another PROVEN kit WILL work and it will also increase the value of your Jeep if you turn to out to want to sell it later. I'd buy a lifted Jeep with good parts over a lifted Jeep with "Jim-Joe-Bob's Offroad" parts anyday...

I can't say enough about how I like the Clayton XJ Long Arm Kit I have. Of course I'm going to suggest them first and foremost every time. GREAT customer service too.

Well I loved my 3 link RK kit, except the only part I know like was the lack of a subframe to stiffen things up. 3 link flexs out way more than a y-link radius set up. I was just wondering as per the price of this kit,vs others, and notice miltery wrapped springs really caught my eye. I'M HAVEING A CUSTOM 3 LINK MADE UP FOR MINE, damn caps lock, from a local guy that does great work. Trying to stimulate the economy by keeping things local, you know you damn cheeseheads. :rotfl2:

I’m running them in my mj. They are build pretty solid, I’ve beat on them pretty good. I haven’t had any problems out of them. I like them just fine, I’ve never had to turn around on a trail because of them, and they have taken every thing I’ve thrown at them just fine. The big question is what do you want? What do you want to spend? The thing is most people don’t like radius arms. We all want our control arms to look like there on some professional rock buggy. When the matter of fact we are ridding around in street jeeps, finders, bumpers, ext. Heck long arms arnt always what they are cracked up to be, sure the ride is better but the flex compared to a well setup short arm system isn’t much difference. Sorry I'm getting off subject! My bad!! :ack:

The Iron Rock stuff looks like complete crap designed by somebody who has no understanding of suspension design. There is nothing wrong with a three link - or in this case a radius arm on one side and single link on the other. It is a far superior design than a radius arm or non-triangulated four link with far fewer cons - the biggest being no binding. But Iron Rock's execution is completely wrong. There should be no bushings in a three link suspension. The bushings are necessary in radius arms and non-triangulated four links specifically to account for the binding. In a three link it leads to undesirable side effects like extreme pinion rotation under braking and acceleration.

Willy

The Iron Rock stuff looks like complete crap designed by somebody who has no understanding of suspension design. There is nothing wrong with a three link - or in this case a radius arm on one side and single link on the other. It is a far superior design than a radius arm or non-triangulated four link with far fewer cons - the biggest being no binding. But Iron Rock's execution is completely wrong. There should be no bushings in a three link suspension. The bushings are necessary in radius arms and non-triangulated four links specifically to account for the binding. In a three link it leads to undesirable side effects like extreme pinion rotation under braking and acceleration.

Willy

So you think the bushing's will take a hit even with flex joints at the frame? See the Rk kit had bushinga at the frame and flex joints at the axle. Rode great until the bushing took a $#!& via the trac bar failure.

Willy

So you think the bushing's will take a hit even with flex joints at the frame? See the Rk kit had bushinga at the frame and flex joints at the axle. Rode great until the bushing took a poo via the trac bar failure.

Read this. That discussion helped teach me quite a bit about suspension design. Ideally a three link should use hard joints, not bushings, to perform properly.

Willy

I don't like that kit. But you'd be hard pressed to find something I do like.

As said, the bushings are the axle end of the big arm should be heims. Or something else with a hard body (minimal deflection).

Also, in that case the track bar should use something harder than rubber/poly bushings.

And, they went all silly and laser'd their log in everything. I wouldn't buy something like that. Why introduce a weakness into the design?

Bent arms are also not a great idea, IMHO. On the big arm they could have made it a non-issue by having the bend a bit farther forward, where the arm 'splits'.

Track bar looks too weak, IMHO. Although it might be comparable to others out there. Which are also too weak.

Track bar bracket looks weak.

Looks like it comes with garbage shocks.