My 1989 Jeep Comanche Eliminator

First I'd like to say, "Great board"! Lots of great people and information here.

Here is my '89 Jeep Comanche Eliminator I am restoring in memory of my father.

I will not be doing what most of you been doing to these fine 2wd machines but will be keeping it original.

Resto has already started. Engine is back 101% thanks to Precision Injectors! jamminz.gif

New cooling system installed. Ordered a TON of parts and still getting estimates on paint. (What a headache!)

driver.jpg

Any one need a Leer cap for a 6ft comanche, this one is for sale.

You will need to pickup (Central NJ)

Anthony

Not unless someone stole it 8)

Still in the garage.

I wasn't too certain since I thought I saw the 'Eliminator' decals on the side of this particular truck. I think it was around exit 32 or 34 that I saw this MJ.

Whereabouts in Central Jersey are you located? I'm in the Princeton area - Pennington to be exact.

• 2 months later...

Hey Bud, Nice MJ, Just finished mine after 2yrs. I live in Jamesburg/Monroe, NJ - very close to you. Have some parts from doner MJ durring my resto of 88 MJ 4.0, Black, 4x4, short bed, 3inch lift, 32 goodyr mtrs, complete restored. Will foward you pics. Jeorge :waving:

Hey Bud, Nice MJ, Just finished mine after 2yrs. I live in Jamesburg/Monroe, NJ - very close to you. Have some parts from doner MJ durring my resto of 88 MJ 4.0, Black, 4x4, short bed, 3inch lift, 32 goodyr mtrs, complete restored. Will foward you pics. Jeorge :waving:

So where are the pics! :D

What kind of parts do you have lying around. Did it happen to have a grey interior? How's the dash?

Anthony

• 11 months later...

It's almost two years later and I am back in the swing of getting this truck restored. I've been using it on and off as a daily driver and she's been running pretty good. Within the next couple of weeks, the interior is getting done. Dash is being worked on at the moment. Need to get some brighter lights in the dash, clean it up and revinyl it..

Will keep posting as thing progress.

Anthony

Great truck, would love to see more updated picks. Cool that you are doing it in memory of your dad. Are you, did you go with same color?

Most of the work was done on suspension/brakes/ and engine so there no much to look at.

Yes, the truck is going to be painted black again.

• 2 weeks later...

As requested - NEW Pics of interior removed!.

I love them floor pans, bit of surface rust and shinny!

That e-brake cable is a pain in the arse.

drfloorsm.jpg

Old Carpet:

oldcarpetsm.jpg

New ACC carpet, I plan on using the old mass backing

newcarpetsm.jpg

That's all the pics for now. I am going to get the new carpet back in this week.

I have a noce new set of speakers / sound barrier sheets / and a bunch of little items to take care of.

I will keep you all posted!.

Anthony

Great truck, would love to see more updated picks. Cool that you are doing it in memory of your dad. Are you, did you go with same color?

Still interested in getting rid of that cap? :brows:

Thinking about keeping it but not really sure.

Do you have a set of rust/dent free doors in black? :brows:

Unfortunately, no, although I'd have to check. I have the doors from my '88MJ Sportruck that were black, but they had those big gaudy chrome mirrors from the factory that screw directly into the skin on the door. I do, however, have cash! :D

Old Carpet:

oldcarpetsm.jpg

Your old carpet looks better than any of my carpets in my three MJs! Interested in selling that AND the cap?!

• 1 year later...

Moving forward again on the Resto again.

Interior is almost complete with the exception of the dash.

I was looking into hitting it with Duplicolor Vinyl (Dark Grey) but thought, why not vinyl wrap it?

Heck, If I can find a dark grey "leatherette" 3-5mil vinyl, it might just work.

I have dozens of these vinyl shop that opened by me recently. I am going to swing by this week and see what they have.

I don't want to remove the dash from the truck and I though this would be a pretty clean and easy job.

If I removed the dash, I would use the real stuff with contact spray.

Any idea's?

Anthony

Just shot the glove box last night and it is looking good! Couldn;t scratch it off this morning with my finger nail. Good sign!

Duplicolor Dark Grey vinyl/fabric paint is a slight shade off from the 23yo dash in my truck.

I plan to shoot the dash over the weekend. I'll post before/after picks once complete.

Anthony