2.8 to 4.3 swap

Luckily for me I work in a welding shop.....with access to alot of equipment....so fabing isnt a problem....what I would like to know is has this ever been attempted and if so where can I find a good write up on it...I have searched for months and found nothing but the same questions I have....So I guess I better document this well .....

well guys, the 4.3 is in

but I would not do another...I did this cause complete donor vehicle was free...there is not much room in there but it fits.....rear drive shaft needs 2 be shortened, front needs to be lengthened....t-case cross member needs mods....motor mounts need mods....switching from a standard means tranny shifter mods and t-case linkage mods....yeah its a lot of work but I forking love it....anyone else have a 4.3 vortex in their COMANCHE... :huh???: ....no......case close......Lets rock.......Next mods.....Dana 44....

Sorry I posted my last pics before I read my thread, but thx for the inpt guys...I6 don't fit in the 86,I had a hard enough time squeezing in this vortex...rad location is the same, 3/4 inch fan clearance....1/2 to 3/8 clearence around inside frame rails.....she is tight....custom exhaust will be work but Ill get it....keep you all posted....I GOT A FAWKING VORTEX IN MY COMANCHE..... :help: :clapping: :rotf: