is this a real jeep truck?

Pete M

Looks sort of like one of those long wheelbase Egyptian army trucks. If so ... is the photo from the U.S.? I don't know if those can even be imported (legally).

Vehicles older than 25 years can be imported legally no problem.

(though I don't think that is the case here)

From google:

69 Willys Gladiator

jeep.1969.Willys%20Gladiator.jpg

49 Willys truck

IMG_3232.jpg

All the other pictures I saw look nothing like this. The bed in the CL ad is way too long; it definitely looks like a TOYOTA. If you take the cab cover off, you wouldn't think it was a Jeep at all - you'd call it a Toyota.

Reminds me of the Toyota FJ55, which is about that long, but I couldnt find any pics of a truck version like this one, and the front end is wrong too. The front end looks like the early Willys pickup version, but the rest of it is too big. Who knows. Is there anyone who can go look at this thing and tell us exactly what it is?

Reminds me of the Toyota FJ55, which is about that long, but I couldnt find any pics of a truck version like this one, and the front end is wrong too. The front end looks like the early Willys pickup version, but the rest of it is too big. Who knows. Is there anyone who can go look at this thing and tell us exactly what it is?

It's a Jeepney.