axle angle

:headpop:

If you posted more info than the 1 sentance questions you ALWAYS give us, it might help.

Sorry, but this has been bothering me. I don't mean to jump on ya like that, but PLEASE provide us with a little more than just one sentance. In this case, these are things that might help us really zero in on your needs:

Axle?

Amount of lift?

What kind of suspension your running in front?

Why you need to re-do the angle?

Info, info, info.

Rant over. soapbox.gif

Rob L.

:headpop:

If you posted more info than the 1 sentance questions you ALWAYS give us, it might help.

Sorry, but this has been bothering me. I don't mean to jump on ya like that, but PLEASE provide us with a little more than just one sentance. In this case, these are things that might help us really zero in on your needs:

Axle?

Amount of lift?

What kind of suspension your running in front?

Why you need to re-do the angle?

Info, info, info.

Rant over. soapbox.gif

Rob L.

the axle is a dana 35 with 6inches of lift with 3.5'' coils and 2.25'' puckets, i believe its a rough country lift (i don't know bought from a friend), and i need to redo the angle cause the lower control arms are touching the shock mount

:agree:

Not only pictures.

There are multiple angles you have to take into account with the front axle, and it usually results in a compromise. To reduce the likelihood of death wobble, you ideally want to keep the caster angle as close to stock specs as possible. But with 6 inches or more of lift, that results in an excessive u-joint angle at the pinion. So you have to start balancing out the pinion angle against the caster angle and hope you can find a happy medium that doesn't cause death wobble, yet doesn't eat the drive shaft u-joints alive.

Those look like stock control arms to me. They are not designed to clear high angles created by lift.

Most after market control arms, be they adjustable or fixed, are made in such a way as to offer more clearance on the axle end.

Ka-Ching! :agree:

Couple things .... that pinion angle is too steep. You need to flatten it out by getting adjustable uppers and lengthening them. Getting adjustable lowers and shortening them would work too, but I'm pretty sure that would pull your axle too far toward the rear of the truck.

You need adjustable arms, upper and lower, for 6" of lift.

You should also get drop brackets. They will greatly inmprove your ride quality and geometry. They will also fix your issue with the lowers hitting the shock bucket.

If you don't' get drop brackets, do this to your shock buckets:

IMG_1870.jpg

my dad wants me to figure out the measurement from the frame to the axle

That only tells you how much lift you have. More important is the caster angle and the pinion angle. Then you need the driveshaft angle to figure out the operating angle at the pinion u-joint.

An excellent article to get you started is from our friend GoJeep, in Australia:

http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoAlignment.htm