People of Walmart

maddzz1

I don't know what to say.... I'm just glad someone else realizes it too. That place is a cesspool and I hate having to go there every week. Their selection sucks, the produce is horrible most of the time, and all the ground beef has old gray meat hidden in the middle of it. But the prices are better than anywhere else and the wife won't let us go anywhere else because of that. And the people of wal-mart........ :ack:

My late Mother retired from there with 18 years, and she said basically the same thing about their grocery section.

Walmart is the worst. They have lawyers that do nothing but fight each and every workmans comp claim regardless of the situation. You've all seen the the person in the garden shop who checks your receipt, right? The one that worked at the store my Mom worked was a 75 year old part-timer, he asked a couple of guys to see their receipt. Turned out they were attempting to steal a flat screen TV, knocked the old guy so violently to the ground they broke his hip. 2 1/2 years later they paid his claim. Their reason for fighting the claim? He attempted to stop shoplifters, which is against their new rules. Even though his job was to stop customers and ask to see a receipt. :hmm:

I despise Walmart. I'll pay more elsewhere.

I remember at one point WalMart never checked reciepts. Fry's Electronics does this too which is annoying and by the way completely illegal. (I'm not a lawyer but have law enforcement experience) A business attempting to protect it's inventory and sales through cameras and instore security is one thing but searching your person or belongings is ridiculous. They can ask to see your receiept, and you can voluntarily give it to them, but that CANNOT search you or your property. Walmart never checks my receipt anyways, but Fry's does. Just walk out, they can't do anything, worst case is they say "have a nice day" which they have done before. ;) Another reason why I buy my electronics and software online.

• 4 months later...