i blew it up!

well, i smoked the 2.5 yesterday :headpop: so i guess this means i'll be starting my 4.0 swap a little sooner than i thought.... can anyone point me in the direction of the 2.5 to 4.0 swap threads? i needs to do me some research, and i tried searching but to no avail......

well, i smoked the 2.5 yesterday :headpop: so i guess this means i'll be starting my 4.0 swap a little sooner than i thought.... can anyone point me in the direction of the 2.5 to 4.0 swap threads? i needs to do me some research, and i tried searching but to no avail......

excatly how did you "smoke" it? :popcorn:

i think i oversped the motor and cooked something, i was going about 85 mph on the highway when all of a sudden it started popping/surging/losing power, until the fastest i could go was about 50... got off the highway at the next exit, and at this point you could tell there was a skip, and it was shooting a cloud of thick blue-grey smoke out the tailpipe.. i opened the hood, and EVERYTHING was soaked with oil, i think it came out of the breather at the top of the valve cover but i'm not sure.. started it up and figured out the #1 jug had a dead skip, spark getting to the plug but not firing... pulled the plug out and the end of it was covered with a ton of greasy black goop... threw a new plug in it, and the dead skip was still there, so i'm thinking that maybe the rings had it :dunno:

i think i oversped the motor and cooked something, i was going about 85 mph on the highway when all of a sudden it started popping/surging/losing power, until the fastest i could go was about 50... got off the highway at the next exit, and at this point you could tell there was a skip, and it was shooting a cloud of thick blue-grey smoke out the tailpipe.. i opened the hood, and EVERYTHING was soaked with oil, i think it came out of the breather at the top of the valve cover but i'm not sure.. started it up and figured out the #1 jug had a dead skip, spark getting to the plug but not firing... pulled the plug out and the end of it was covered with a ton of greasy black goop... threw a new plug in it, and the dead skip was still there, so i'm thinking that maybe the rings had it :dunno:

Dang....well the positive side is at least it didnt leave you stranded in BFE. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Dang....well the positive side is at least it didnt leave you stranded in BFE. ;)

actually, it did.... 42 miles from home! i know that because i had to pay $110 for a 42 mile tow :wall:

:huh???: 85?

One of those huge hills of RI must have helped you get the 2.5 to 85.

actually, it did.... 42 miles from home! i know that because i had to pay $110 for a 42 mile tow :wall:

oh ok :oops: are your side markers white?

oh ok :oops: are your side markers white?

they are! for roughly $25 USD, you can have a set just like em NIB from ebay...

:huh???: 85?

One of those huge hills of RI must have helped you get the 2.5 to 85.

it'll get up there.... it takes about 3 weeks but it will get there :rotf:

85mph? You guys don't give the 2.5 nearly enough credit. I still have a $385 ticket around here somewhere that I recieved way back in my younger days when I had my '89 2.5 MJ. Recorded speed; 151Km/h (just a little shy of 100mph), and I was just reaching for 5th gear when I spotted the highway patrol car.

Nice MJ btw and best of luck with the swap.