Long Trip One MJ

deziped

Been on the road for 3 weeks criss-crossing the US. Have only spotted 1 MJ in 3K plus miles. That was at the the 19 mile marker on 51 south of Dyersburg, TN.. Headed into Texas and SW next week, maybe the dryer country will reveal more surviving MJ's than the rust belt areas I,ve been in. Did get to tour some of the new Speedway complex shops at Bownsburg, IN. Checked out a couple of the Indy cars and some neat dragsters under going mods. New Honda Civic is averaging 40 MPG. Not bad considering mt's, city & 70 MPH crusing speeds.

Yeah, I don't really notice many MJs on the freeways anymore during my travels. :dunno: I imagine it's a factor of age, rarity and that it's probably not most folks' first choice in family vacations (not much room in there :yes: ).

Yeah, you never see any on the highway, but you will see them around town. I guess a vehicle of that vintage is almost never the first choice for a highway trip, though I will take mine to the big city when needed. A half hour trip is about all I want to subject it to at that speed.

Yesterday on the way back from Harbor Freight I was a red MJ on I-77 south, Ohio mile marker ~101. Getting back from having spring perches and shock mounts welded to an axle I saw a blue one on Tuscarawas County road 78(I believe) in Ohio, and then on the way to my daughter's volleyball game today I saw a rusty black, dark grey or brown one sitting at a business between Magnolia, OH and Waynesburg, OH on state route 183.

Yesterday on the way back from Harbor Freight I was a red MJ on I-77 south, Ohio mile marker ~101. Getting back from having spring perches and shock mounts welded to an axle I saw a blue one on Tuscarawas County road 78(I believe) in Ohio, and then on the way to my daughter's volleyball game today I saw a rusty black, dark grey or brown one sitting at a business between Magnolia, OH and Waynesburg, OH on state route 183.

Harbor Freight ROCKS! :yes: jamminz.gif

Ya, this afternoon I saw a super clean, all original (pioneer?) white shortbed turning left at the intersection I was waiting to go straight at (while driving my white shortbed :brows: ) Had the intersection not been so busy, I would've maybe hung a right and cut across a lane to follow in persuit to see if he went into the shopping center that was there...but I came to my senses and realized that would not be my best decision :shake: I always see more when I am driving my Subaru for some reason, so its tough to start Comanche talk in a parking lot when I am not driving one as the other people look at you like your some obsessive wierdo freak :doh: Maybe its that they don't share the same passion as we do.?. Hmm, whatever. Someday when their classic little MJ triples in value they may start to "get it" :dunno:

-James