tmans mj and xj projects...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to hollisters hills again today and quickly found my transfercase/tranny mount is busted...but didnt have any issues with it besides some clunking...also cut up my fenders. liking it alot more now. also found i needed extended brake lines... the project continues..

some pozer shots..

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

went to hollisters hills again today and quickly found my transfercase/tranny mount is busted...but didnt have any issues with it besides some clunking...also cut up my fenders. liking it alot more now. also found i needed extended brake lines... the project continues..

some pozer shots..

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Is that rut at the bottom of Truck Hill?

Will be out there next week with my Club (in my TJ)... I think it's gonna be muddy.

Wade

Is that rut at the bottom of Truck Hill?

Will be out there next week with my Club (in my TJ)... I think it's gonna be muddy.

Wade

yeah thats it. and yeah its guna be muddy, and packed. hit me up when you leave and describe your jeep and ill find you there.

Yah, I'm not a fan of mud, BUT...we are doing some club skills challenge thing, mostly by the obstacle course I think from 10-2 and then I'm sure some of the guys will want to try to run a couple of the trails too...Jungle and Bonanza Gulch could get interesting in the slop.

Here is what I'll be driving...

43421102702342199166595.jpg

going to hollister hills tomorrow around 10 if anyone else plans on going. its deifinitly guna be muddy...

Nice meeting you today tman...sorry I didn't stick around, as you saw, we had a pretty big group....took off around 3 with the TJ pretty muddy! Will have to try to get down there for some trails...heck even someday maybe take the MJ...

going to hollister hills tomorrow around 10 if anyone else plans on going. its deifinitly guna be muddy...

Nice meeting you today tman...sorry I didn't stick around, as you saw, we had a pretty big group....took off around 3 with the TJ pretty muddy! Will have to try to get down there for some trails...heck even someday maybe take the MJ...

yeah you to. i checked out your thread on your mj. thats pretty clean. and i left early, my buddys truck wouldnt start so i had to go help him out. yeah throw a message over here next time you come out.

pulled out my bench seat and carpet today....little bit of rust...not a big deal though...thinking about getting the bench recovered or looking for some buckets...also found out my left blinker doesnt work because the socket the bulb goes into is bad...also going to figure out why my interior lights don't come on and then wire my stereo up right...and thennnnn primer(black) the top part of my new front clip and get that installed...then pressure wash the new front axle and order that solid diff cover and look at prices for 4.56 gears+rebuild kit/axle seals and possibly a locker/l.s...going to be buying a dana 44 from my buddy that has a mj that has 4.56 gears and a detroit when he upgrades soon. then that will be sprung over so ill have to lift my front end another 3-4inches...long arms or drop brackets?....sooooo much to dooo, so little time. dam. come on holiday bonus check! :banana:

• 3 weeks later...

got a speeding ticket...so i might be rethinking longarm vs drop brackets, rough country also sells a set of drop brackets that look decent for only 189$...we will see how much the ticket comes out to...oh and i replaced some fuses and some bulbs and wired up some lights for my extra gauges. finally got some interior lights for night drivin besides my radio!

also debating on if i should reinstall my carpet or not...thinking about putting down some bedliner material instead and maybe making some drain plug holes...keeping in mind this is not my daily driver and only sees the road to wheelin spots. and i have pretty much no rust which i am very thankfull for after reading other peoples project threads and seeing all that...

anyone have a bedliner floor on their rig or tips on doing it?

:edit:

just did some reading and it seems that xj and mj lca mounts are not the same...so scratch that idea...

and i found this...http://motionoffroad.com/catalog/index. ... b965f296be

so i stumbled upon this xj on craigslist...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

and now i own it. :)

specs: 91 xj limited=every option availiable.

4.0 h.o aw4 242

ff dana60 rear 4.88's welded spiders

8 lug 44 up front 4.88s, open diff.

38/12.5 tsls

custom made long arm kit converting rear to coils. about 10-12" lift i was told.

one ton steering...bent tie-rod...i wana see how he did that...

other stuff here and there....

why it was so cheap...

power steering leaks..not a suprise.

broken axle shaft in front 44...already taken out.

title was back dated 2 owners that didnt care to register it... was cleared up though.

engine in dire need of a tune up...but does run. and sounds good to. straight piped with single chamber flow.

gas tank in trunk of jeep...p.o. was going to install fuel cell but lost interest.

it had some NICE bumpers on it that i took off to put on the manche...then remembered the rear won't work so thats going back on...

havent figured out what I'm going to do with it quite yet....but it has gobsss of potential.

lemme hear your ideas!