tmans mj and xj projects...

Lower it 5" first. I'd love to see some better photos of the x-member and the front and rear axles and steering set up.

i thought about doing that...ill most likely take out the spacer out front...and put a diff coil out back... ill get some better pics this weekend..been pretty busy...getttin off...at the gfs house..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

my first car was a red 94 cherokee that i built though high school(see sig) and i had to sell it to buy something alittle more economical...so going to back to a red 91+cherokee has been my plan for awhile. the comanche is a badass little rig but ive had 4 single cab trucks and its gettin pretty old being so small. i really want to keep it but since my mom is letting me live at her house rent free I'm guna ride that train as long as i can...but i don't have space there...and i don't want to keep it in my girlfriends driveway forever... ill eventually buy another one when i get older and do the whole resto thing...but for now I'm guna have some fun with this cherokee. I'm probably still guna hang around this forum to check on the projects.

• 2 weeks later...

sold the manche to "M1A1TankerTom"...I'm guna miss that jeep. i plan on buying another one once i get my own place and start earnin some better money. for now I'm going to keep the cherokee up on this and I'm actually thinkin about doing a chop top with cage setup and comanche tailgate...we will see... already started tearing out the old motor to see the damage(rod knock). pics will be up soon.

The suspension on that XJ really needs to be redesigned by somebody who knows what they are doing. A radius arm suspension needs bushings to relieve the binding. All I see are tractor joints.

Radius arms + tractor joints - bushings = something is going to break. :doh:

Willy

The suspension on that XJ really needs to be redesigned by somebody who knows what they are doing. A radius arm suspension needs bushings to relieve the binding. All I see are tractor joints.

Willy

there are rubber bushings at all frame ends...

Willy

there are rubber bushings at all frame ends...

That is not going to relieve the binding. You need them at the axle end.

Willy

as I was searching craigslist I ran accross tmans cherokee project for sale. From what the add says sounds like he needs to get out of moms house sooner than later and the apartment he found won't allow non running projects.

yeah. mom wants me and my bro out... so its gotta go. i just started taking the motor apart to.