New MJ87 Owner. What do you think?

I bought it off a guy in pennsylvania. Don't know if it was on ebay. The guy sure put alot of work into it. It use to have the 2.5 but he replaced it with the 4.0.

Your pics kinda turned out dark, but al the same a cool rig. What kinda lift ?

As for Rock rails.... you are pretty much on your own when it comes to them. I know a bunch of companies were talking about making some, but I haven't seen anyone with any. Personally I make my own, as well as my own rear bumpers.

It has the stock axles a d30 in the front and a d35 in the rear. It runs pretty good. Gonna take it out tommorrow night for the local truck night. Been trying to get all the routine maintenance done; trans flush, oil change, new plugs wires, fuel filter, air cleaner, and diff oil. Hope everything goes ok!

My rock rails were originally yota rails. They're 78" long.

You'll have to get creative with the mounting since the frame isn't straight on the Mj and bends outwards after the cab.

Mine are about 3" shorter than I'd like them to be, but the protect the cab, and the beds gonna end up cut anyway.

they were made for me by this man:

http://xjnation.homestead.com/index.html

Brian's a decent guy, treated me right.

price was good, less than $300 to my door, primered and ready to paint/mount.

Bluecomanche now that I think of it, he did have it on ebay because I found it once just looking around. I bought it through a friend.

Does anybody know how to determine type of transmission by decoding the vin#?

Take a pic of the transmission someone might know what it is from looks i think i seen pics of trans sitting side by side on here and explaned which was what. Or you could try calling the stealership and seeing if they know from the vin. Just throwing this out there.

Cole

I say make them yourself!!

A hole saw, a couple extra hole saws, some SCH40 Poop pipe, couple pieces of 3" angle Iron, sawsall/hacksaw and a welder and your in!!!

I made mine in one night after work. Satrted about 17:00 frished by midnight.

Here is all the pieces I pre made to fit...

Grind the frame clean...

Weld on the pieces!!!

Paint it and go play in the rocks!!!

CW

At the fisrt opportunity I was dropping my truck on rocks and roots or whatever I can find that reaches. :D This is not a recommended testing procedure if your rails are more show than go.

3/16" wall 2x2" square, .120 wall 2" DOM tube. Plus the round tube goes through the frame and welded to plates on both sides. :D