MJ rear bumper completed

Haven't posted much here, but I thought you all might be interested in seeing my step bumper with integral receiver. There are a few slight changes I'd make if I were doing it again, but overall I'm pretty pleased with it. The gap below the tail lights needs closed up a little. The license plate light mounting was an afterthought and I didn't have room to get the drill in to make the lights level. It was designed in Autodesk Inventor. All the parts were laser cut and CNC formed.

Jerry

3640258948_808267cfec.jpg

3640256270_8e667a930d.jpg

3639444247_96662032cd.jpg

3640250152_3793a5661d.jpg

3640248304_0319b1c656.jpg

3639436403_9933db54ce.jpg

3639434011_8618a6ee7f.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. If there's any interest in them, I'd make a run of DIY kits. I think I should be able to do the laser & press brake work and ship them anywhere in the lower 48 for under $200. It's all 3/16" plate except the 1/4" reinforcement under the step. The whole thing weighs about 90 lbs. I'm going to do a matching one for the front sometime, but I probably won't mess with it until fall.

Thanks for the compliments. If there's any interest in them, I'd make a run of DIY kits. I think I should be able to do the laser & press brake work and ship them anywhere in the lower 48 for under $200. It's all 3/16" plate except the 1/4" reinforcement under the step. The whole thing weighs about 90 lbs. I'm going to do a matching one for the front sometime, but I probably won't mess with it until fall.

Man if I only had the funds. I like this much more than the run of the mill 2X4 bumpers everyone else is making (no offense to anyone who makes them I just don't care for them on a MJ). I will probably be in touch when I come up with some cash.

$200 for a knock down rear bumper kit is a great idea :cheers:

The style isn't exactly what I'd want, but :thumbsup: to a very creative design.

I've been wanting to do 'something' to my current bumper, and this has put my thinking into a slightly different direction.

Thanks for posting it.

:cheers: