badlands june 12-14

89eliminator

How much air did Pat get?

I should have gone with you guys. The Cardinals won and all I got is seagull poop on my shirt and a lousy Shin-Soo Choo bobble head.

We did stick around after the game to watch "Major League" on the jumbotron.

there was a hillclimb that i couldnt make. reason is cause at the very bottom there was a large hole so i couldnt get a head start at it. well pat was trying to show me up and he hit it at a good rate of speed bottoming out his suspension and bending his axle.

here are my pics.

If Pat doesn't beat me to it, I have a TON of pics, including a few of his axle. I'm sitting at Geonovast's place right now, and forgot to bring my camera cord with me, so it'll have to wait until I can get home and get them loaded up. Was a great time though, just sucks we had to leave. :brows:

hehehe.

I went fast, there were bumps, divots, etc. and all sorts of other stuff. I believe it had been slowly bending all day as steering got worse through the day.

got some trail rash on the pass. side cab corner/rocker too but nothing big. other than that I just lost all of my shock bushings on the way down (threw in cheapo RC's so I didn't have to get bumpstops done for the edelbrocks)

all-in-all I think everyone had a fun time. I sure did....not even mad either. drove over 200 miles home like that without so much as a hiccup. :j:

more pics

indeed i did. that is the first time i had water coming through the door.

Water in the cab? In Wade's truck?

Please excuse the sobbing sound coming from my side of the board. :roll:

Just kidding, awesome trip guys, hope to come with sometime.

Rob L.

Rob L.

i don't like it either. i never do deep water stunts but when the sign for the orange trail directs you through it, one would think it won't be deep. :roll:

Rob L.

i don't like it either. i never do deep water stunts but when the sign for the orange trail directs you through it, one would think it won't be deep. :roll:

i did the same thing last week. i was just riding passenger at the end of the day, i had to switch spots and drive it out, i really didn't wanna have to get pulled. they should mark the trail right to the right, goes around that hole. its impassible everytime i'm there. go through the first mud hole thats not so bad, and off to the right is a small little climb, goes right around it and right back to the trail.

jeeze wade, did you have to get pulled off of that? here's some pics of us last week right there. i just crawled out, my buddy hit it at speed. honestly at speed seems to work better. i watched a stock tj do it last year. we went out the deeper tunnel to.

this was me

this was my crazy buddy

i was on the fence of letting the back end slowly drop out (which i obviously did) or come out with speed like the blue XJ did with no problems. well i slowly dropped out, causing my shackles to get hung up. to make matters worse there was a chunk of the tube that was digging into my tire so i couldnt get any wheel spin to help the winch out. luckily pat had a cordless sawzall and cut that part off. had someone with a hi-lift jack up the bumper that worked in conjunction with the winch. only damage was the driver side lower bed quarter that was dented in. thats probably getting chopped off though soon.

yep, it seems like the thing to do is use some speed. years ago when i used to go all the time those tunnels weren't like that. they were telling me they used to fill the landing in all the time, the new owners aren't.

when i went everyone wanted to go check to see how deep it was, instead of that i just went and put the front end in it to see :yes: we hooked a strap to the back to make sure it didn't nose dive, and then i just hit the gas. it wasn't that bad.

but the thing to do is use speed i guess. i always wanna do it the slow easy way.

yep, it seems like the thing to do is use some speed. years ago when i used to go all the time those tunnels weren't like that. they were telling me they used to fill the landing in all the time, the new owners aren't.

when i went everyone wanted to go check to see how deep it was, instead of that i just went and put the front end in it to see :yes: we hooked a strap to the back to make sure it didn't nose dive, and then i just hit the gas. it wasn't that bad.

but the thing to do is use speed i guess. i always wanna do it the slow easy way.

exactly, they did always fill it in. i've always crawled out and never really had a problem besides the rear stock bumper dragging. oh well, I'm prepared for next time :brows:

oh, and good thing for rock rails. :rotf: