I'm getting a bit of a shake when turning, I'm afraid to take it down the road till I get it fixed. It only happens when turning(even at <25,) and sometimes a little after a high speed bump. Does anyone have an idea? I think its the ball joints, or could my diff of taken a crap? :???:

DW can be caused by a million things......

alignment

tires out of balance

UCA bushigs

LCA bushings

Track Bar bushings or bolts

Track bar bracket being REALLY loose

Dana 30 ball joints

etc.

I wish you luck.

I went under the truck today, and nothing felt loose. So I took it around the block, and when turning I felt and HEARD a thunk on the passenger side. I checked all the lugs, and they are all tight, and the tires were just balanced the other day.

Like most jeep sites, DEATH WOBBLE is also covered here ad nausem. Please look there first. Our search can be finicky, but here is a search that will help you immencely.

IMHO, EAGLE has a great handle on cause and effect of DW. I also threw in a search using myself as an author.

search.php?keywords=death+wobble&terms=all&author=EAGLE&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

search.php?keywords=death+wobble&terms=all&author=cwlongshot&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

One thing. Your last post mentioned hearing/feeling something pass side front. Our MJ's are unit body vehicles and are extreamly hard to locate exact position of noises. Trust me, sometimes I would SWEAR the exact position of this or that noise, only to later find the actual noise was not even close to where I thought it was. Its quite uncanny how sound travels.

CW

Have someone rock the wheel back and forth while you poke your head underneath. My track baar was loose but the onbly way I found it was to have someone turnt he wheel. Otherwise it all felt nice and secure to me. :dunno:

Have someone rock the wheel back and forth while you poke your head underneath. My track baar was loose but the onbly way I found it was to have someone turnt he wheel. Otherwise it all felt nice and secure to me. :dunno:

would movement of .030+/-.010 from the pitman arm to the drag link cause it? I only noticed it when I had my girlfriend rock the steering wheel.