"new" ride

69CamaroSS

here's my new ride i got a couple months ago...yes i said 'a couple months ago'. ive been really lazy about getting on the internet and keeping up with things. Anyways its a 98 XJ sport, 4.0(of course) auto(first auto i ever owned for myself, so we'll se how it goes). Power windows and locks, tilt steering, cruise,4x4, CD player and FM radio,and came with inflated tires :yes: . i got it with a little under 201k miles on it and its already almost at 204k. i payed $2300(after taxes :fs1: ) cuz i had to get finacing and wasnt able to negotiate the price, BUT its from a little dealer ship in princeton minnesota so they arent allowed to charge any interest. I currently make 117 dollar a month payments cuz i did a thousand down. I know it probably wasnt the cheapest XJ out there, but so far I'm REALLY happy with it.

things wrong with it...

-the reverse lights work when they want to

-the driver door saggs and the rest are hard to close

-the cat-converter knocks some times

-the rims are pretty rusty

Other than that everything else works on it so far...ON TO THE PICS!

l_b395dda7fbb04fb3b0ad19efa421d903.jpg

l_d34293063a7e4f38b22e3922549868bb.jpg

its nothing too fancy, but atleast its bone stock. i just realized i don't have a pic of the engine to show how clean it is. oh well, i won't bother unless someone asks

I like how that cost you $2300, and I was looking at one on the stealership for $8900 CND a couple months ago (a 98, also white).

Looks good. Treat 'er well. And umm, I'd avoid financing $2000 vehicles in the future (at least you aren't financing a $30K vehicle that you can't afford).

ive learned my lesson about financing cars i can't afford. i once financed a 04 impala ls for 16 grand...well $#!& happens and it got repoed. i don't blame anyone but myself for that one :no: but this time i did a thousand down and only have to pay it off for one year till its completly mine :cheers:

doing my best so far to treat her good. it is a jeep tho and you gotta have some fun with it :brows:

I'd avoid financing $2000 vehicles in the future (at least you aren't financing a $30K vehicle that you can't afford).

Why? I finance every vehicle (okay, not the MJ) that I can, because my credit union will do 3.9%. The drawback is that I have to carry full coverage, but the benefit is that I have more cash in the bank each month in the event that there is an unexpected bill. At the end of the month, I use leftover cash to pay off things with higher interest- credit cards, extra mortgage payment, etc. When I got laid off unexpectedly a few years ago, I was glad to only have to lay out $92/month on a car payment until I got back on my feet. The cash that I had saved (and left in savings) was what paid the mortgage while I was laid off.

I am certainly not saying that it is a bad thing to pay cash for vehicles, but there are reasons to finance them as well.

Nice XJ. I think $2300 is an "OK" price, but with the issues it has, may be a little more than I would have paid.

Financing in never a good thing, but we all have to do it at some point. Paying cash is always the best idea. You can take the money that you would be spending on interest bearing payments and be putting it in to an interest earning savings account or money market account. :smart: :idea:

Nice XJ. I think $2300 is an "OK" price, but with the issues it has, may be a little more than I would have paid.

Financing in never a good thing, but we all have to do it at some point. Paying cash is always the best idea. You can take the money that you would be spending on interest bearing payments and be putting it in to an interest earning savings account or money market account. :smart: :idea:

I'm happy with the way it worked. Like i said I'm paying no interest and due to the fact i had to get financing i wasnt able to negotiate the price. The thing is a trooper so far :clapping:

My dad got a new one yesterday.

99 4.0/auto/4wd. I didn't look but I'm pretty sure it's a 231.

l_0927186718c847009953bd581140d7b7.jpg

Two very very very tiny rust spots on it that I demanded he fix immediately. I think they paid $5200.

I'd avoid financing $2000 vehicles in the future (at least you aren't financing a $30K vehicle that you can't afford).

Why? I finance every vehicle (okay, not the MJ) that I can, because my credit union will do 3.9%. The drawback is that I have to carry full coverage, but the benefit is that I have more cash in the bank each month in the event that there is an unexpected bill. At the end of the month, I use leftover cash to pay off things with higher interest- credit cards, extra mortgage payment, etc. When I got laid off unexpectedly a few years ago, I was glad to only have to lay out $92/month on a car payment until I got back on my feet. The cash that I had saved (and left in savings) was what paid the mortgage while I was laid off.

I am certainly not saying that it is a bad thing to pay cash for vehicles, but there are reasons to finance them as well.

I'm sure there are benifits to financing, but at this stage in my life id rather just do cash. i didnt bother to ask what kind of coverage i needed on the impala i got and ended up paying(with insurance) about 600 a month on that stupid thing. :doh:

My dad got a new one yesterday.

99 4.0/auto/4wd. I didn't look but I'm pretty sure it's a 231.

l_0927186718c847009953bd581140d7b7.jpg

Two very very very tiny rust spots on it that I demanded he fix immediately. I think they paid $5200.

thats a nice one. i hope hes happy with it. when tasha told me your dad got an xj i just assumed it was gunna be a fixer upper :D

I'm against financing such an item. I'd finance a house, but only if I had 20% as a down payment minimum and reasonable job security. Otherwise, no, I won't finance a damn thing. It'll be $200 cars before financing.

I paid $2100 for my 2000 Cherokee with 65k miles:

yellow35.jpg

:clapping:

Uhhhh huhhh... So you got any pictures of it when you brought it home?? Cause I know it didnt look like that... You got what about a grand or more in sheet metal and paint right?

And is that the e-brake cable hanging off the back axle?? You might want to zip-tie that.. :smart:

yellow35.jpg

Uhhhh huhhh... So you got any pictures of it when you brought it home?? Cause I know it didnt look like that... You got what about a grand or more in sheet metal and paint right?

And is that the e-brake cable hanging off the back axle?? You might want to zip-tie that.. :smart:

yellow1.jpg

Fender was $45, paint was $60, bumper end cap was $25. Airbags were $150. D30 was free.

yellow35.jpg

yellow1.jpg

Fender was $45, paint was $60, bumper end cap was $25. Airbags were $150. D30 was free.

did you find that just sitting at a jy? i never see anything like that just laying around up here