Windows Service Pack 3

HOrnbrod

We have it deployed on about 17,000-18,000 PC's that all have SP3 with no significant issues reported as part of the Service Pack install (was deployed from our internal Microsoft WIndows Update Servers globally). I see no reason NOT to install it. It's not a super speedy install but was MUCH less painful than SP2 (which changed quite a bit of the Core OS), SP3 was more patch rollups and minor things.

We have it deployed on about 17,000-18,000 PC's that all have SP3 with no significant issues reported as part of the Service Pack install (was deployed from our internal Microsoft WIndows Update Servers globally). I see no reason NOT to install it. It's not a super speedy install but was MUCH less painful than SP2 (which changed quite a bit of the Core OS), SP3 was more patch rollups and minor things.

Thanks SW2. :D That's one of the reasons (the combined patch rollups) I like, also that it does not require a whole lot of disk space, far as I can see.

Thanks SW2. :D That's one of the reasons (the combined patch rollups) I like, also that it does not require a whole lot of disk space, far as I can see.

:rotfl2:

Don do you even know what that is???? hehe,,, cause I don't..

Don do you even know what that is???? hehe,,, cause I don't..

Yes I think I do. I have not updated SP2 for a long time, and there are about 100 CRITICAL :nuts: updates I have not installed yet (auto update is turned OFF). I figuring installing SP3 will get me updated to the latest for the least pain and space requirements. If I'm wrong in my assumption, feel free to jump in. :cheers:

When I first installed sp2 I had issues, but I never had any problems with sp3.

Doesn't take up that much room either (even running it on the tiny 4gb ssd in this eee netbook),

no real reason not to install it :dunno:.

Didn't MS drop support for XP sp1 already?

Probably only a mater of time before they stop supporting sp2.

(I slipstreamed sp3 into my instal disc, so I should be OK till they pull support completely)

While not on the scale of SWII, I pushed it out to the clients on the network here without any problem. I advise installing it.