31s on 2" bb

Search won't let me search "how much lift 31" so I have to create probably the 100th thread.

The mods should consider a sticky for lift required for tire sizes. I had an XJ but it seems that it's very different.

Anyway, should 31s fit on 2" shackles and spacers without trimming? Thanks in advance!

If you stick with factory Jeep rims, the rubbing will be limited to the lower control arms at full turn. Swapping in WJ lower control arms will fix that (or you can add a washer or two behind the steering stop bolts).

If you go with aftermarket rims that stick out further, then the tires will start eating away at the flares and trimming will be necessary.

31s on 0" lift with WJ LCAs:

WJ LCAs:

Search won't let me search "how much lift 31" so I have to create probably the 100th thread.

The mods should consider a sticky for lift required for tire sizes. I had an XJ but it seems that it's very different.

Anyway, should 31s fit on 2" shackles and spacers without trimming? Thanks in advance!

I am currently running 31x10.50R15s on factory rims on my '88 Cherokee with no lift. The MJ has a lot better clearance in the rear, so it should be no problem.

There is slight rubbing of the front tire shoulder on the lower control arm at full steering lock. Takes about a day to get used to how far you can (or can't) turn the steering wheel. And a 2" budget boost will NOT alleviate that anyway.

Thanks for the replies (and pictures)!

I have 29s right now and don't see another 2" of clearance in the front but I'm definitely good for the rear. Maybe I'll just get small spacers for the front to "even out" the front to match the back.

Pete I love the look of your MJ but it looks ALOT more even between the rear and the front, did you do something to either side?

Thanks for the replies (and pictures)!

I have 29s right now and don't see another 2" of clearance in the front but I'm definitely good for the rear. Maybe I'll just get small spacers for the front to "even out" the front to match the back.

Pete I love the look of your MJ but it looks ALOT more even between the rear and the front, did you do something to either side?

Remember, with 2" bigger diameter tires you only need 1" more clearence, since the other inch will be on the 'bottom' of the tire.

Looking even in that pic is a bit of an optical illusion, they look about even, but with the back being farther away, it'll look smaller.

Man I love that look though! What brand are those tires?

Remember, with 2" bigger diameter tires you only need 1" more clearence, since the other inch will be on the 'bottom' of the tire.

:doh: Although I still want to spacer it, I'll measure to see whether .75 or 1.75 will even her out.

Thanks for your help

edit: I measured and it looks like the 1.75" would be closer to evening it out but I'm afraid it will make the front end look too high. What do you guys think?

0521090956a.jpg

edit: I measured and it looks like the 1.75" would be closer to evening it out but I'm afraid it will make the front end look too high. What do you guys think?

Personally I like the rake. That way it doesn't look like it's sagging when you have something heavyish in the back, and I think it makes it look a little meaner with it.

I leveled out my 2.5 when I put the 4.0 springs in, and I'm not really that happy about it. When I get the 4.10 axles in and throw some bigger tires on it, I'm gonna pop the rear up a bit so I can get the rake back.

Man I love that look though! What brand are those tires?

Goodyear MTRs. :thumbsup: Not my favorite tire, but they look cool enough and were certainly cheap enough (picked them up used for under a hundred bucks).

I might cut the difference and add an inch to the front of your truck.

Also, keep in mind that any height change will alter your alignment.

Why the teaser SuperWade2 :eek: are those 31s/is it lifted?

And I think I'll go with the .75" since there doesn't seem to be a nice 1" spacer. Thanks for all of your help!

Yah, 31x10.5 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, sorry the pics not level, but that's how my driveway sits...

2" Coil Spacers (left over from my old TJ lift) up front and the Chevy Drop shackles ($40 Ebay specials) in the rear (which I have on the upper bolt hole and should probably move to the lower).

And I think I'll go with the .75" since there doesn't seem to be a nice 1" spacer. Thanks for all of your help!

If you have a decent pull-a-part near you, you can grab a bunch of the factory rubber isolators and stack them up. :D

Yah, 31x10.5 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, sorry the pics not level, but that's how my driveway sits...

2" Coil Spacers (left over from my old TJ lift) up front and the Chevy Drop shackles ($40 Ebay specials) in the rear (which I have on the upper bolt hole and should probably move to the lower).

That looks awesome! Now I want a 2" lift again :fs1:

I'll ordered the spacers so we'll see how she looks before any higher lifting.

Thanks for all of your help!