B-pillar lights

What lightbulb is the correct one for that application?

I looked it up in the lightbulb book at the store, but of course there's no "B Pillar" column. Would those just be courtesy lights or something?

What lightbulb is the correct one for that application?

I looked it up in the lightbulb book at the store, but of course there's no "B Pillar" column. Would those just be courtesy lights or something?

yours actually work??? I just took the whole assembly out and used a square light to go up there. Writeup on here somewhere.

Take the bulb in, I do not know the number offhand D1307 or something in that series I think. Just hold the old bulb up to the packaging till you find one.

No, they don't work. I got a set of bulbs that look like the original one I pulled out (it says "made in france) but did not work. I'll need to check the wiring and see if it's hooked up still, and make sure it's in good condition.

Most of the original lights do not work. Some can be repaired, but a good share of htem have to be replaced with something else. There are write-ups in the DIY forum on different ways of replacing them.

Most of the original lights do not work. Some can be repaired, but a good share of htem have to be replaced with something else. There are write-ups in the DIY forum on different ways of replacing them.

That's a bummer. Is it the light hardware itself, or the wiring to the light?

It's the light itself that is the problem. I have seen a few guys on here that were able to take them apart, clean them up, find the problem, and get them to work, but...it's rare.

That seems strange to me - it's not like the hardware itself is overly complicated. I'll test the wiring at the hardware, too, and make sure that it's even getting power before I start replacing it.

• 12 years later...
On 5/19/2009 at 7:34 PM, BLHTAZ said:

It's the light itself that is the problem. I have seen a few guys on here that were able to take them apart, clean them up, find the problem, and get them to work, but...it's rare.

Reviving this old thread cuz it’s crappy out and I’m trying to clean these up. Anyone know how they got the base  to separate from the chrome bezel? I’ve already cleaned one with some tooth paste and tooth brush. The insides of the lens are pretty grungy so I’d like to get those clean as well. 

24BB802F-ECF0-4A6D-A7A0-2761D15F0BD4.jpeg

So I ended using some plastic chrome polish on the pillar light bezels after scrubbing with tooth paste. For the inside of the lens I used many Q-tips dipped in water to scrub the lens clean. Being able to flip the lens back and forth definitely helped with access to each side. Followed that up with some DeoxIT and used more Q-tips to apply as much as I could to all contact/terminal surfaces. Gonna head out and see if I can find these incandescent bulbs in led at one of the local parts stores. Pics of the three pillar lights. The one at the top and the one in the middle are the ones I cleaned. The one at the bottom is what they all pretty much looked like before I started. B2F897FF-0781-4522-AF24-A00AEF6D2F92.jpeg.a812202a8134bf29c96cfb581b81ed52.jpeg

833B146E-552A-4325-9A21-A15DF671D8B2.jpeg

52 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Here are the bulb breakdowns, compiled by HOrnbrod (RIP).

BE1E9338-F9A6-4E72-80F8-E295BB82658A.jpeg

Thank you, I looked up that festoon bulb on superbriteleds.com and the bulb number was 578. So I went down to O’Reillys, but couldn’t find it. Guy looked it up and said it uses a 6418 led festoon. It fit and it works so 🤷‍♂️