Slider supports (?)

new guy with a question and apparently rather weak "SEARCH" skills.

I'm getting started on a set of sliders for a friend, Short box MJ.

My question is waht is the angle of the unibody framerail in relation to the wider and narrower sections of the frame? I don't have his rig here to measure it myself.

FWIW,

I'm the guy that built RiderGoatee's LongArmZ. :waving:

I'm not even gonna attempt to help here really.

man, seriously. DO NOT build the sliders without the truck present.

get the truck, fab the mounts and mount them, then build the rest.

you're not gonna get it done and looking proper any other way.

FrankZ

First of all let me be the one to say I'm sorry no one could give you a good answer right away I'm sure if you give us sometime by tonight i will find that angle for you if someone dosent beat me to it first. Most of us just start building with the truck right their and figure it out as we go.

FrankZ, sorry we could not help you right away. Sorry one of us even had the frame dimensions and took the time to help you out. Especially after the "Anyone?"... :no: We are here to help fellow members and fanatics, and try to help as we can. But acting rude, having poor comments, and expecting us to give you this angle within a few hours is unresonable. I would have been glad to get a diagram like that.

Relax, let us help, stop being so impatient, show some appreciation to those who give you resources, or find someone else to annoy.

soapbox.gif

Rob L.

FrankZ, sorry we could not help you right away. Sorry one of us even had the frame dimensions and took the time to help you out. Especially after the "Anyone?"... :no: We are here to help fellow members and fanatics, and try to help as we can. But acting rude, having poor comments, and expecting us to give you this angle within a few hours is unresonable. I would have been glad to get a diagram like that.

Relax, let us help, stop being so impatient, show some appreciation to those who give you resources, or find someone else to annoy.

soapbox.gif

Rob L.

Rude? WTH are you talking about? I haven't been rude to anyone at all.

I'm as patient as the next guy and was hoping that someone had a quick answer to a simple question. Instead I get told not to build the sliders without having the rig right in front of me. Did it ever occur to that person that I already had all of the dimensions I need except the ONE I was asking about.

Another guy posts a picture of the frame with dimensions, not what I need but I said thanks. What else am I supposed to do? The word thanks isn't enough?

Please feel free to delete my post. I certainly won't be back since I'm so offensive.

soapbox.gif

Rob L.

Rude? WTH are you talking about? I haven't been rude to anyone at all.

I'm as patient as the next guy and was hoping that someone had a quick answer to a simple question. Instead I get told not to build the sliders without having the rig right in front of me. Did it ever occur to that person that I already had all of the dimensions I need except the ONE I was asking about.

Another guy posts a picture of the frame with dimensions, not what I need but I said thanks. What else am I supposed to do? The word thanks isn't enough?

Please feel free to delete my post. I certainly won't be back since I'm so offensive.

If things were truly meant, and the general feeling I got from reading your post was wrong, please accept my apology. You never did specify that you only needed that one angle-and that you had the rest. The person suggesting having the truck present just knows that its hard to just fab up all of these different things. All other dimensions aside, if you get the angle, you will still need to measure out how far away you are from that angle to find out how long your tube to the frame will be. 2 inches ahead of the angle will be a lot different than 1 foot. We were just saying, if you want it to fit right, its best to have the truck as a guide.

Rob L.

Nice LWB frame dimensions... He has a SWB MJ...
Good call. I didn't pick up on that. :thumbsup: I'm sure he's got he shortbed stuff too, but I guess it doesn't matter since apparently no one has a protractor. Well, I tried. It appears I simply do not have the means to measure an angle. :hmm: :wall:

• 3 weeks later...

Would that matter? I thought the extra length was after the bend. are the LWB frames longer from the cab to the first bed mount or longer after the first bed mount? educate me

Thanks

Nice LWB frame dimensions... He has a SWB MJ... :fool: Try again... :roll: