Regional Forums

I actually agree with multipurposemj.

Pete...look at it this way. you have a region chairmen who takes care of cleaning up the posts so you're not bothered by it, and people can click on their region to find what's going on rather than wading through all the other crap in the pub etc. to try and find what's going on in their neighborhood.

the simple problem with the way the site is now, is that it's EVERYWHERE and any other topic can come up and take a regionary topic off the first page. then no one sees it, and the meet and greet is a flop and whatnot.

region would be better for wrench fests etc.

I actually agree with multipurposemj.

Pete...look at it this way. you have a region chairmen who takes care of cleaning up the posts so you're not bothered by it, and people can click on their region to find what's going on rather than wading through all the other crap in the pub etc. to try and find what's going on in their neighborhood.

the simple problem with the way the site is now, is that it's EVERYWHERE and any other topic can come up and take a regionary topic off the first page. then no one sees it, and the meet and greet is a flop and whatnot.

region would be better for wrench fests etc.

:agree:

I just can't get past thinking that we'll still be fighting the same 2 issues, namely getting people to put locations in the titles and the fact that few people seem to actually look at the forums below Tech and the Pub. It's not like there are dozens of daily posts in the wheeling forum to cause recent threads to get bumped off the front page. Are you guys thinking that having regional forums will get people to look at them? To post in them? I've always been a big advocate of simplicity, and adding another handful of forums just doesn't really strike me as a solution.

From my own experience with using the northwest forum on NAXJA. Meet and greets are kinda ghey, but people go to them and you here cool stories. it is also a great tool to use when trying to get people together to go wheeling. From what I have seen it has been very successful.

From my own experience with using the northwest forum on NAXJA. Meet and greets are kinda ghey, but people go to them and you here cool stories. it is also a great tool to use when trying to get people together to go wheeling. From what I have seen it has been very successful.

Absolutely meet-n-greets are cool. But those can be set up in the wheelin'/meetin' forum or even the pub. We have it a bit rougher than naxja. Our membership is far smaller and/or far more spread out than other clubs. Meetings are just that much harder to arrange. My concern is that we'll have these new forums created, but no one will look at them and we'll be back where we started, but with twice as many forums on the front page.

What if we started stickying any post about an upcoming event in the wheelin/meetin' and then after it's done un-stickying it? Or maybe allowing them to be posted in the pub so people will notice them?

that would work.

another thing you could do....

basic regional.

as in only one subforum per regional....not a complete list of subforums for the subforum.

as in...attach subforums to the pub.

so we have midwest, great lakes, etc. etc. divided up. not more complicated like state by state.

pretty simple to do. guys from that area would look @ it if attached to the pub, and ANYTHING can be posted in the regional sub forums.

Interesting thought. Adding the subforums into the pub. Or maybe into the wheelin' forum. Hmmm....

either/or.

pub would probably get more attention tho. as you've noted...not many people make it farther south on the forum.

....if you do it Pete, I vote 89eliminator as the great lakes chairman.

What you don't want LeadnotFallow in there? :dunno: I think that it is a great idea. I will nominate Darren to be the NorthWest Chaplin. If there is anyway that I can help let me know.

....if you do it Pete, I vote 89eliminator as the great lakes chairman.

What you don't want LeadnotFallow in there? :dunno: I think that it is a great idea. I will nominate Darren to be the NorthWest Chaplin. If there is anyway that I can help let me know.

lol. if I ever run into him on the trails...it won't be a pretty site. he's got every bad person I know trumbed times 10.

Hmmm. I kind of like the idea of regional sub-forums organized under the Pub. Not only for Meet-and-Greets and other regional events, but it also would be convenient if you're looking for large parts or whole vehicles within driving distance that are cost-prohibitive to ship. Or putting out an SOS call to a nearby responder if you're in a bind. I don't see any need however for CC regional chapters with Presidents or whatever though. We're too small for that.

Hmmm. I kind of like the idea of regional sub-forums organized under the Pub. Not only for Meet-and-Greets and other regional events, but it also would be convenient if you're looking for large parts or whole vehicles within driving distance that are cost-prohibitive to ship. Or putting out an SOS call to a nearby responder if you're in a bind. I don't see any need however for CC regional chapters with Presidents or whatever though. We're too small for that.

I agree.

I'm sorry I even brought up a president for greatlakes subforum. I'm to blame for putting ideas in those two idjits heads :doh: :wall: soapbox.gif

I'd like them better in the pub as well

I'm sorry I even brought up a president for greatlakes subforum. I'm to blame for putting ideas in those two idjits heads :doh: :wall: soapbox.gif

We didn't get the idea from you. If we were so dumb we depended on you for ideas, I'd kill myself. :hate banana:

(I think it's ironic, that while calling us idiots, you spelled idiots wrong.)

We didn't get the idea from you. If we were so dumb we depended on you for ideas, I'd kill myself. :hate banana:

(I think it's ironic, that while calling us idiots, you spelled idiots wrong.)

intentional mis-spelling. redneck terminology. lurnt it in rednek 101.

*shrug* say you did, say you didn't, but it was brought up when I voted confidence in 89eliminator first. regardless, it's a stupid pointless idea. we don't have a large enough community for it.

Thanks Pete for keeping this under control so far.

• 2 weeks later...

does a list exist of 'members' who are state specific? Pete had a good idea for me to post CO trail runs to my local guys but nobody local knew of it/them in the Rocky Mtn section cuz they don't check that often, so if I had a list of CO MJ'ers I could nail them individually. I looked at the members list but it does not give locations.

Hmmmmmmmm what about making a few miniforums in the classifieds? :idea:

I mean I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm searching around in the classifieds it can get a bit confusing with huge titles that have a million pieces of info in it. So what I was thinking is that we could make subforums such as:

"WANT TO SELL"

"WANT TO BUY"

"FREE STUFF"

"COMANCHECLUB GEAR" - this one might make it easier to organize anything related to comancheclub.com stuff - signs, shirts, decals, etc... that could have a thread dedicated to each

Or something like that to make things a little bit easier to find and understand. Its just a thought but IMO things would be easier to navigate and find. And to make it even easier the first thing that should be posted in the title should be the state that the item is located in.

Just a thought, but what is everyone's opinions on it? :dunno:

I've thought about that before, but turn it down since we're such a small group and many of us peruse both the buy and sell because we're not looking for anything in particular (but will snatch up cool things) or will help out those in need if they're looking for something we happen to have laying around. But mostly it's just a lack of volume.