renix to H.O. what do i need to know

I have an 89 comanche, and a 91 parts cherokee. i'm swapping the tranny, tcase, and now the engine. seeing as how the 91 is high output, what do i need to swap over the high output stuff. i have the computer wiring harness, and everything, i just need some info thanks.

I decided not to mess with going to full-H.O. I retained the Renix system by re-using the Renix intake manifold (thats where all the important stuff is.) If you want to go to a true H.O. system you'll be best off also switching to the H.O. dash harness, as trying to get a Renix dash to work with the H.O. engine bay is NOT simple...

look up this past weekend's trucks, I believe that they modified the renix intake to flow better with the H.O. head. I think that yyou can watch it on the powerblock website. it is part two of the stroker build

• 1 month later...

so the H.O. Head can be placed on the renix block right? I've been wanting to do the HO swap, but ill have to find a CS bushing to fit my ba10/5, or find a ax-15, and neither is option is working out for me. Plus, I'm just wanting to get it running right, although i may be making more work for myself in the end, just seeing if anyone has done a head swap before.

I have a whole 94 XJ donor that I am thinking of doing at some point. Without sounding completely stupid, are the HO and Renix gauges different? The donor XJ didn't have a full gauge cluster, just the basic one. I'd like to retain the full gauges that the Renix MJ has.

I have a full wiring harness coming from JeepcoMJ in the next few weeks, so that is going to go in first, I just want to be able to plan on the HO swap at some point.

I have a whole 94 XJ donor that I am thinking of doing at some point. Without sounding completely stupid, are the HO and Renix gauges different? The donor XJ didn't have a full gauge cluster, just the basic one. I'd like to retain the full gauges that the Renix MJ has.

I have a full wiring harness coming from JeepcoMJ in the next few weeks, so that is going to go in first, I just want to be able to plan on the HO swap at some point.

yea everything is different. just to check, you did want a renix harness correct? that's what the ad said lol.

Anyways.

you need the complete engine bay EVERYTHING including coolant system.

complete dash EVERYTHING including all electrical components, wiring and it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade to the H.O.'s heaterbox (may be a newer R-series if it has a/c than the old R-12 that's in renix).

there is not one thing that is direct swap between renix and H.O., save that the engine and trans mount the same.

you will need to splice the XJ harness in the driver's side foot well to the MJ's rear harness. I used what was left of the renix dash harness, cut out the dash side connector of the rear harness from it, and cut the cherokee's rear harness right after the connector on the rear harness side, and made a small "jumper" harness out of them so I didn't hack up either harness.

-Pat

Yes Pat...I still want the Renix wiring harness. I'm not planning on going to the HO for quite some time, so the Renix harness will be needed now.

I have everything from the HO XJ, so I'll just make sure to save all the dash stuff that I have laying around right now. I think once I have everything in a pile, it will look less intimidating than it does now (half-pulled from the XJ)

Thanks!