Maggie DD

I bought this MJ from Locojeeper on this board last fall. I have a couple other MJ's I use for trail duty at Rausch Creek, but always wanted a really clean one for daily driving duties and to take to shows. Locojeeper did a bunch of mod's to it and I did some more.

I had an 8.8 with 4:10's and disc brakes swapped in, along with a 30 that had 4:10's as well. I had the lift lowered to a more comfortable 4.5 inches high and new 32's AT's. Locojeeper had the custom bumpers and rock rails installed, and the interior all fixed up with bucket seats, Grant steering wheel, and stereo. The body and paint needed some help, so here it is, just out of the body shop. I plan on getting custom graphics for the park put on it soon. Hope to get time off from the park to take it to PA Jeep show and the Carlisle truck show later this year. It won't make it to the park though, too tempting to take it off-road. The last truck I bought as my daily driver ended up getting wheeled, and then wheeled a little harder, until the body was beyond help. :no:

Of course all this comes after I find a garage able to fine tune the idle issues it has, but for now it hasn't left me stranded. jamminz.gif

Maggie09.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more pics of the recent paint job. It's presently at the garage getting the idle worked on, once that's done, I still need to get graphics done and probably have the homebrew spray liner redone by a friend of mine who has done work on my other rigs with spray lining products and he does awesome work. Up close, the line where the paint meets the spray liner at the top rail is a bit sloppy, and I want it to look better than that. I'm thinking now I'll try and get everything done prior to the NAC-FEST put on by NAXJA and bring it to the park for that weekend. Supposed to be a lot of MJ's attending this year.

I've had comments the truck looks like new. It certainly hurts your eyes when the sun is shining.

DSC03957.JPG

DSC03958.JPG

DSC03959.JPG

My trucks are sooooo envious. :cheers:

Blinding though it may be, I'm sure the bright white helps keep it cool in the sunshine. 8) I know my dark/flat red paint that was previously on the 88 really soaked up the heat. After a couple hours of combined driving/sunshine the hood could get hot enough for gloves. :fs1: Now she's covered in a glossy tan color and that should help out immensely. :D

The flares are Bushwackers. I wasn't a big fan of these previously, but this set is installed perfectly and now I like them a lot. They fit flush with the body for a superclean install. Better than the factory flares I believe. This truck is strictly for street driving, so I don't have any issues with rubbing. I doubt there'd be any rubbing off-road, the bushwacker flares free up some space over the factory flares.

There's one modification on this truck the previous owner did that rocks. He put a tailgate strut under the hood. Just have to pop the release, and the hood goes up in a controlled fashion. No more hanging onto the hood with one hand and trying to get the hood prop with the other. :thumbsup:

Wow, That is a clean MJ now!!! I saw it before Loco got it cleaned up, and it still looked nice, did you get it painted or did he do it? It looks great Lynn. I am sure everyone will be drooling over it at NAC-Fest. I am trying to get some more MJ folks out for the event, but we'll see.

A.

It started out light blue from the factory. Loco painted it silver, but it wasn't sticking very well. It got a complete paint job, the guy removed everything (the flares, lights, door handles, etc.), sanded it down and primered it before painting it white.

If I don't get this to the park for the NAXJA weekend, you guys can always drool over Team #602, my XJ is running the RCrocs series this year.

Very Sweet looking ride there Lynn,

What are the hood loover's from?

Shine on.. Lil Darl'in :thumbsup:

I have a file full of info from Locojeeper, and it says the hood vents are from a Chrysler LeBaron.

Things are moving along now. Finally got the throttle body and IAC issues resolved. My mechanic said it doesn't help that the truck's an 89 but the parts needed were from a 92? Anyway, it now idles properly.

here's an interior shot. I love the Grant steering wheel that Locojeeper chose. Also shots with the park's new graphics. Sadly it's not done with the mechanic, needs to go back next week to have the A/C system worked on, some parts need replaced, there's several leaks in the system.

DSC03992.JPG

DSC03998.JPG

DSC03996.JPG

• 1 month later...

Still trying to get Maggie all done. Two trips up to the park for some shows, blew a couple radiator hoses on the way home, got those fixed, then the PDL/PW on the driver's side broke. Still waiting on A/C parts. Hope to get the doors/windows fixed in time for July 18th PA Jeep Show.

In the meantime, I got Junior back from the shop. Junior is a trail rig only, no street for this one. This was a project I picked up a couple years ago. It was lifted too high for me, so it's been lowered to a 4.5 inch lift, a 44 rear with 4:56 and ARB's in the back, plus same gears/locker in the 30 up front. New bumper and winch. The combination of the 5 speed/ 4:56 and 32's is super creepy crawly. This is a work truck/trail rig but is still pretty clean. Hope to keep it nice, no scraping trees with this one.

6-30-09%20988.jpg