front leaf spring setup on an MJ

no info here, sure its easier, but why take a step backwards. the coil suspension is far superior to leaf springs. any axle can be set up to work with whatever you want. you can make a d44 or any front axle fit your mj.

i guess if you're just building a mudder then whatever, but then why not use a k5 blazer or bronco and so on.

because i want to be different, had a bronco don't want the weight ive seen a few with leaf spring set ups and someone on here has a mj on 42's its bad a$$

Different, like everybody else.

See, lots of people have done front leaf suspension. You should just do NO suspension, weld the front end to the frame. That'll be different.

thinking about using leafs up front with a fullsize axle out of a bronco does anyone have pictures of there setups of have any ideas on what springs are best used or any details that would be usefull

Which year Bronco axles?

Huge difference between the two. 78-79 are fullwidth, high-pinion and have cast-in radius arm mounts (which won't lend themselves to leaf springs). 77 and earlier are narrower, low pinion, have small U-joints, and I seem to remember something about smaller bearings. The F-150s are a bit different. The 78-79 are just like the Bronco, but 77 and earlier are fullwidth with welded-on radius arm mounts.

What I recommend looking for are the 8-lug axles from a 77-79 3/4 ton Ford truck (some of the newer years will also work, but a lot of the in-between years have TTB craziness). They are already leaf sprung, the front is a high pinion Dana 44 and the rear will be a Dana 60. Lots of years of fords, chevys and dodges used similar dana 60 rear axles so you don't necessarily need to find a matched pair.

because i want to be different, had a bronco don't want the weight ive seen a few with leaf spring set ups and someone on here has a mj on 42's its bad a$$

See, lots of people have done front leaf suspension. You should just do NO suspension, weld the front end to the frame. That'll be different.

:agree:

But, you know, I'm sure he wouldn't be the first one to do that.

:agree:

But, you know, I'm sure he wouldn't be the first one to do that.

No, but he would be more different, like everyone else.

If you want to be unique, there's always the Ford radius arms. :D

Eh, knowing what I know now if I was doing any axle swap on the front end it would be a 4link.

I get that leaf suspensions are easy to setup, but ill be dammed if a 4link isn't so many times better and still very easy to design.

Plus with all the companies that offer premade brackets and such all you have to do is sling a welder and do some math.