Just bought a '91 Comanche 4x4

Hi, I'm new to offroading and Jeeps (especially Comanche's)

but I am buying a 1991 Comanche straight six w/ a 3" lift already tonight for $300 along with a parts Comanche for another $300 with dana 30 front and 35 rear... buying this as my first offroad project and I'm going to be learning and doing things myself as I go along. hoping this forum can help me out, already found a bunch of info thanks and let me know some helpful hints for building this thing up, not sure what direction I want to go with it yet, but that will unfold when I get the truck tonight.

only pic I could get of it on my cell phone at night time :doh:

Image Not Found

Welcome! :wavey:

If you're new to Jeeping, the best advice I can give ya is "ask before doing". Whatever the plan, run it by the collective experience of the club members first and they'll do their best to steer you clear of any pitfalls. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen where to find out what gearing I have... but I have tonight to look, I barely use the internet so I will be on every few days. I think I'm going to use the "parts" manche for the actual build, it seems like it is in much better shape. I haven't gotten the 2nd manche yet but I will soon. here are some pics of my current one 1st one is the truck from the side with a flat tire :fs1: the second one is of the blown CV shaft. man I love that 1.3 Megapixle phone camera hahaha

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Now have an '88 Auto long bed and a '91 manual short bed sitting in my yard, hello lawn ornaments. plans right now, take hood, doors, tailgate, bumpers (with brush gaurd on front) exhaust, rear axle and speakers off the '88 and put them on the '91. Next I need to get some tires, and also do something about the CV shaft, I have no idea what yet as it is not an MJ axle, its from a ZJ.

Well today I started on the project officially, just two little things, but they were (kind of) the first work I've done on a car. So I put the hood from the '88 has hood scoops and I put that one on the '91, love those non functionable hood scoops =D

Image Not Found

Also, the tailgate didn't latch and it was in pretty crappy shape, all beat up and rusting. so switched that out, now it can be identified as a JEEP again (you can see the old tailgate on the right)

Image Not Found

The next step is the grill gaurd I do believe, until I figure out what to do with my axles :wall:

Image Not Found