Anti-seize or loc-tite

I am replacing my tranny lines and the connectors that screw into the tranny with the female quick-connect on the other end. Should I use anti-seize or blue loc-tite on the threaded end that screws into the tranny

id use loctite if its not a flare fitting. if its a flare, anti seize will be fine. remeber tho, anti seize makes it so u can take it out easliy again with out galling the threads, loc tite makes it never wana come out again. lol.

loctite, no way in my book. honestly the biggest problem i see when replacing those couplers is they leak at the threads. if i used anything it would be a thread sealer, nothing else. those don't usually have a problem seizing in, they aren't that disimilar of metals, whereas some coupler/aluminum combos will be seized in no time.

i'm a mechanic, i replace these on many different cars, and for what its worth to you, thats my input :idea:

Ummm ...

Blue Loctite is not permanent, that's the red stuff. And Loctite is a thread sealer as well as a thread locker. If you want to seal it AND be sure it won't unfasten itself, blue Loctite would be a good choice.

Ummm ...

Blue Loctite is not permanent, that's the red stuff. And Loctite is a thread sealer as well as a thread locker. If you want to seal it AND be sure it won't unfasten itself, blue Loctite would be a good choice.

:agree:

When I was interning at Parker we used Loctite 592 on our hydraulic valves to seal the threads. It was a thin, blue, liquid with the consistency kind of like blood.