Floorboards - Finally removed my carpets

I finally got the courage to look underneath my carpets. What would you do with these floorboards if you were me? The passenger side looks good but what about the driver side? Are they bad?

Also, when you put the carpet back, would you put the insulation back or only the carpet?

Ouch. :eek: No, it was completely dry. But it has been sitting in a heated garage for a 6 months so I would assume it would be dry. I really don't drive it in the rain either. Would you sand and coat the floor with POR15 or is sanding and painting good enough?

those are in very good condition. i would sand (or sandblast)the metal and get all the rust off, then coat with por15. i would not just repaint it. you are bound to get more moisture in the future and just paining it will mean you'll be doing it again. por15 it and you should be done for good. you can also use roll on bedliner to keep things from getting bad in the future.

use automotive carpet pad under the carpet.

i say do it right an do it once. :thumbsup:

I would do the por-15 around where you see the rust. After you sand, use the por-15 in those areas. No need to do the whole floor, if you ask me. Especially when you said you don't drive it in the rain/snow.

PS I'm still on the prowl for your seats...ive come up empty handed so far, but youll know soon enough when I get 'em. ;)

those are in very good condition. i would sand (or sandblast)the metal and get all the rust off, then coat with por15. i would not just repaint it. you are bound to get more moisture in the future and just paining it will mean you'll be doing it again. por15 it and you should be done for good. you can also use roll on bedliner to keep things from getting bad in the future.

use automotive carpet pad under the carpet.

i say do it right an do it once. :thumbsup:

I'll agree with the sandblasting. Mine looked the same as yours. I hit it with the blaster and found pin holes in some spots. POR 15 is a rust inhibitor/preventor. It penetrates the metal and keeps it from rusting. If you use bedliner over the POR 15, make sure you rough it up good or it will peal back off(ask me how I know :shake: ) Google POR 15 and you will find many sites that sell it.

:cheers: