Door hinges.

its a hollow pin called a roloc.

So the pins are in there then? I can push the door up and down about a 1/4" with it open, and it sags. The passenger side door hinges have pins with caps and there is no hole to fit wire through like the driver's side.

So has anyone used the Mopar hinge kit on a 92 or older?

Time out.

The Mopar hinge repair kits (if they are what I think you are referring to) are for when the body side of the hinge pulls away from the door post. Where is the movement in yours? You may not need a repair kit, you may just need a new hinge pin.

Time out.

The Mopar hinge repair kits (if they are what I think you are referring to) are for when the body side of the hinge pulls away from the door post. Where is the movement in yours? You may not need a repair kit, you may just need a new hinge pin.

The hinge is pulling away, there is a 1/8" gap on the front of the hinge that you can see when looking at it through the opening. And the hinge pin has play in it. Both of these I'm sure are caused by my lack of Door Check.

On trucks they fixed that problem. They cut off the hinge and welded in a piece of plate, the re welded the hinge on. It is a common problem. If you have a welder, or know some one who does you could probably weld it up in a few minutes.

For the pins, If you pull the doors off you can cut the bottom tab off the hinge. with a sawzal and then beat the rest of the door side of the hinge up. Then you can remove the pin and replace it with a bolt. It also make your doors easier to remove.

Time out.

The hinge is pulling away, there is a 1/8" gap on the front of the hinge that you can see when looking at it through the opening. And the hinge pin has play in it. Both of these I'm sure are caused by my lack of Door Check.

Door check replacement is a 10 minute fix- if that. I noticed that as soon as I saw the pic in your top post. Do that- also with new hinge pins- and you will be able to isolate your sagging.

On trucks they fixed that problem. They cut off the hinge and welded in a piece of plate, the re welded the hinge on. It is a common problem. If you have a welder, or know some one who does you could probably weld it up in a few minutes...

:D :D :D

:thumbsup:

Robert

Time out.

Where does one find said kits? Both hinges on the drivers door on my one MJ are both completely ripped off. On my other MJ, the top hinge on the drivers side has started to separate from the body. I was planning on purchasing some steel and rewelding the body myself, but I'd like to take a look at these kits before I do that.

Where does one find said kits? Both hinges on the drivers door on my one MJ are both completely ripped off. On my other MJ, the top hinge on the drivers side has started to separate from the body. I was planning on purchasing some steel and rewelding the body myself, but I'd like to take a look at these kits before I do that.

It's a dealer part, and I don't know if they'll sell it over-the-counter, or only install it as part of the TSB.

Either way, it'll cost ten times as much and be half as strong as my way... :thumbsup:

Robert

It's a dealer part, and I don't know if they'll sell it over-the-counter, or only install it as part of the TSB.

Either way, it'll cost ten times as much and be half as strong as my way... :thumbsup:

Robert

I saw the thread on your method and it looks robust, but I'd like to weld in new backing plates on the body side rather than using bolts. I'm a stickler for details and even though you won't see the bolts because they'll be hidden behind the door, knowing they're there will bother me ;)

Does anyone know the part number for the hinge repair. My welds are starting to seperate and the bottome of my drivers door is starting to rub the fender. I swearthis was brought up in the past but I did a search and can't find it.