March 7th Trail Run in Big Rapids, MI

Me wearing my sweater, girl was too

Image Not Found

The maroon XJ had made a bumper two nights before the run, so I checked it out the night before, And I saw he had it only in the 3 stock holes, and I laughed and told him he need to tie it into the frame better and further back, being the stock holes are not exactly up to par :yes: So yeah he tried pulling out the Bronco and well the rest is why in ended up with the carnage award :rotf:

The maroon XJ had made a bumper two nights before the run, so I checked it out the night before, And I saw he had it only in the 3 stock holes, and I laughed and told him he need to tie it into the frame better and further back, being the stock holes are not exactly up to par :yes: So yeah he tried pulling out the Bronco and well the rest is why in ended up with the carnage award :rotf:

:clapping: Who'da thunk that a couple pieces of sheetmetal couldn't pull out a 5k lb truck?

:clapping: Who'da thunk that a couple pieces of sheetmetal couldn't pull out a 5k lb truck?

Oh no, it was 1/4" steel. He was going to even put a winch on top of it cause it would hold, cause it was 1/4" :rotf:

And I was thinking too, that side that came off didn't even have the third WELDED NUT bolt even in! It was only like started on a angle, you know what I mean, all you guys that had install the bumper one time or another. :shake:

Thought we was all good but questions are being debated on it so, just going to delete and never ride with the floks that can't seem to take responibilty for the trails we were on.

Good on you brother! That is a very stand up thing to do.

Thought we was all good but questions are being debated on it so, just going to delete and never ride with the floks that can't seem to take responibilty for the trails we were on.

Good on you brother! That is a very stand up thing to do.

Thanks you. I support the sport and do what I can. But everyone now and again gets somewhere they aren't suppose to be, but when you know, you don't go back, and you don't try to excuse yourself of being wrong cause you were not trashing the place like those party guys, which may be true but if your not to be out there, it doesn't make you less responsible for being there cause you did not leave trash or whatever. I was very disappointed being I met some good people out there as well. But now I'm getting flamed for knowing how to wheel and tow someone out, and how to keep things organized so everyone can have fun while making "progress" on the trail, but others don't see it that way, they just don't give a rip about the sport or the safety of rules that go hand and hand with the common sense of the trail. There was more rookies out there than I had suspected with little lifts and what not but talk as if they knew what they were doing, but I was irritated a few time to find that they weren't. I had made some comments about the stockers, that was taken the wrong way so was being flamed for that because I had the biggest set of tires there. Which pissed me off the most cause I for one feel I'm still new as well, but I've been stuck enough myself to have picked up a few rule of thumbs when getting towed out. And I love it when there are newbies, they make the day that much funner, but being a stocker there is certain holes and things you do not attempt, unless prearrange a head of time and make a go for it with the group. Most people understand these commonsense rule of thumbs, but others just don't care. Plus there was a lack of overall organization to the ride but for the most part it was OK for what it was. Some people took me as trying to be the boss and mister know it all, but by no means is that what I was trying to do, but I can see how I could of been taken that way when your one of the more experienced one among the group, and in being so I felt I was taking up my responsibility in doing so, as in helping in most of the recoveries (which cost me a $85 strap :fs1: ) and putting my input in when needed as far as questions asked on the trail, and helped to organize the stock jeeps in the line up to keep tow rigs in front of them, to help keep things going.

I don't know maybe it is just me, maybe I am just an a$$hole, maybe I'm one you don't want to ride with or pull you out when you get stuck in a hole. :???: