Reflexxion Cowl hood for $399

shelbyluvv

I just found this hood online cheap!

It was hidden somewhere on thefind.com,

Here is the link, have it shipped to your nearest 4 Wheel Parts for free and only pay $399+ tax.

I paid $423.99 for mine today. We'll see if 4WP will honor it.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?jeep-parts=true&partNo=HIC731800

Nice! :drool: If only my fuel sender, tie rods, and ball joints didn't already empty my pockets!

Are you copying me again Bo? :D

I got my Reflexxion hood from 4WD a couple of months ago. The shipping was free to the nearest 4WP store. The store manager told me that the website was SUPPOSED to charge the extra $150 surcharge, but that there was a glitch in the system. He said they were working to fix it. But I guess they haven't yet.

I got mine on sale for $340 plus tax. Word of advice. When you pick it up, take it ALL THE WAY OUT OF THE BOX to check for damage. I just kinda looked it over real quick and failed to notice that one of the corners was a little munched. So I had to wait another week for a replacement.

Are you copying me again Bo? :D

I got my Reflexxion hood from 4WD a couple of months ago. The shipping was free to the nearest 4WP store. The store manager told me that the website was SUPPOSED to charge the extra $150 surcharge, but that there was a glitch in the system. He said they were working to fix it. But I guess they haven't yet.

I got mine on sale for $340 plus tax. Word of advice. When you pick it up, take it ALL THE WAY OUT OF THE BOX to check for damage. I just kinda looked it over real quick and failed to notice that one of the corners was a little munched. So I had to wait another week for a replacement.

Copying you? Nope, you are just getting your parts faster than I am! :wall:

Before long Onyx and Marvin will be twins. Except I will have a newer interior in mine.

I could have took the easy way out like you did and just went bolt on first! :rotf: :rotfl2:

Thanks for the tip about checking it before I leave.

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger and swap all my good parts from the XJ over to the MJ, and make it my trail rig. When I do that, I'll save the dash from the XJ. Then when you move back to CA, you can help me install it. ;)

Another tip - The raised cowl comes in contact with the passenger side wiper arm when the hood is fully open. You'll have to remember to put the hood prop in the lower position.

I just HAD to put my Redline Tuning hood struts on. So I have to open the hood very slowly until it rests gently on the wiper arm.

You know SlimsXJ, don't you? He also has the same hood. He had some stickers specially made that say "HOOD PROP HERE" and he put one next to the lower hood prop hole. That's just so that if somebody else opens his hood, they won't scratch it on the wiper arm.

I know he's got some extra ones. I'll try to grab one from him this weekend and I'll mail it to you.

I just HAD to put my Redline Tuning hood struts on. So I have to open the hood very slowly until it rests gently on the wiper arm.

I just put the Redline struts on and had the same problem. You might already know this, but an easy fix is to shorten the hood cables on each side equally to limit the hood up travel so it stops about 1/2" from the wiper arm. These cables run from the firewall to the hood hinges. :cheers:

thats how much they are new from keystone(who makes reflexxion products) :dunno:

I didn't know keystone made a hood for the X/MJ? Are'nt Keystone hoods fiberglass too? The Reflexxion hood is steel.

AFAIK, Reflexxion is their own company based out of TN.

I'm glad I found mine on Craigslist for $160. If I hadn't, I probably would not have one.

I'm glad that I did and it's good to know of the hitting issue prior to me putting the Redline struts on. It didn't dawn on me that those were limiting straps. I thought they were grounding wires. :nuts:

:cheers:

I just put the Redline struts on and had the same problem. You might already know this, but an easy fix is to shorten the hood cables on each side equally to limit the hood up travel so it stops about 1/2" from the wiper arm. These cables run from the firewall to the hood hinges. :cheers:

Hmmm...I don't have those hood cables on mine. :???:

Here's a pic. They were either used for a safety thing to keep the hood from blowing off in the wind or for a grounding strap. But they are pretty stout and work well to adjust the up-travel of the hood.

I'm glad I found mine on Craigslist for $160. If I hadn't, I probably would not have one.

I'm glad that I did and it's good to know of the hitting issue prior to me putting the Redline struts on. It didn't dawn on me that those were limiting straps. I thought they were grounding wires. :nuts:

I still think your cowl hood looks like crap Chief. Out of the goodness of my heart I will do you a great favor and take it off your hands; I'll even make the trek to Hampton Roads to do this. And give to a great hood in return! What more could you want??

(I don't think he'll buy it..........) :cheers:

I still think your cowl hood looks like crap Chief. Out of the goodness of my heart I will do you a great favor and take it off your hands; I'll even make the trek to Hampton Roads to do this. And give to a great hood in return! What more could you want??

(I don't think he'll buy it..........) :cheers:

If only you would have made that offer before I paid to have it painted.

And yeah, I don't buy it