urethane ax15 mounts?????HELP

i swapped the ba10 for an ax15..obviously the urethane trans/xmember mount doesnt fit..I am guessing the ax15 is out of say a 94yj..4bolts on the underside of trans..all of the ones i can find lookin online are 2bolts on top and bottom..Is this the right one?..

you should be able to make one out of plate steel. I would just mock it all up with the crossmember and mount bolted to it, see where the mount bolts hit the plate and drill it out. As best as I can describe it, the stock plate has about the same shape as the little plastic cover on top of the relay center/ignition module under the hood, but you don't really need style points :D The other thing that the stock plate does is provide a mount for the exhaust hanger @ the cat converter flange. You'll have to figure out some way to support the exhaust there, to keep it off the crossmember.

Jeff

edit: I don't have a real pic (I can take one of mine after work tonight if you want), but here's the diagram from the parts manual. You're missing part #'s 19, 21, 22, and 29 (overall, part #20 shown in the box on the right)

Image Not Found

Sorry, I got sidetracked on Friday after work and then had to go pull a 4.0 for my neighbor’s jeep yesterday…..here’s a couple shots of the AX15 mount and plate.

From the passenger side:

Image Not Found

From the rear:

Image Not Found

From the driver side:

Image Not Found

HTH,

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
this is a pic of a conversion to ax15. the mount that is.Image Not Foundi went with a urethane mount. i had to drop the transfer case. i also have urethane motor mounis can't decide wheither i like it. :chillin:

Think you can repost the pic on this one? :redX:

mjeff87 - is that the stock crossmember that you used to put the plate on?

-Cody

mjeff87 - is that the stock crossmember that you used to put the plate on?

-Cody

Yep, stock AX15 crossmember. Dimensionally it's the same as the AX4/5, AW4, BA10/5 one, but the center is notched where the mount bolts in by 1".

Found that out the hard way when I swapped the AX15 in when I did the motor transplant and tried to reuse my AX5 one :oops:

Jeff