seats

Question: Do seats from Grand Cherokees fit in our comanches? I'd like to get some adjustable lumbar in mine and haven't found any from a cherokee limited yet, but have found some from grand cherokees. If they do fit, do I need the whole mechanism and brackets?

I purchased some grand seats last summer, and they are NOT a direct bolt-in, some fab work is necessary...I am still debating how to make these work, they might be too wide against the transmission hump, which isnt a big deal if yours is 2wd. You might search around to see if other seats will work, the most common is to use cherokee seats, but bracketry is critical, as certain brackets will decrease available headroom. Search, is your best friend.....

I have heard that the ZJ era ('93 - '98) Grand Cherokee seats are a good fit. Nothing is going to be bolt in but MJ seats in these trucks, but if you have the ability to do a little fab work, then you will be good to go.

The XJ seat design change was in 1994 so this limits MJ "bolt-in" seats to XJs 1993 and below using the MJ bracketry. The ZJ seats mentioned above will swap easily into 1994+ XJs, but as Taz says will take mucho fab work to get them into an MJ, but I suspect they will be too wide if you have a full console. There has got to be bucket seats out there that will fit the MJs easily, but haven't seen any real good options yet. Maybe an 89 Yugo?

4x4yugo.jpg

they might be too wide against the transmission hump, which isnt a big deal if yours is 2wd.

MJs interiors and floors will not differ because it's 2wd or 4wd. :thumbsup:

How much of that hump is actully used in the mj's?? I have a 2wd is there more space from the tranny to the floor?? Like... could I cut a section out and fab a slot to allow wider seats in there?? I have a super comfortable Honda Prelude seat that I would love to put in my MJ. I've had them in , but that freaking hump is humongous!!! The ludes seats are just really wide and flat on the bottom.. Front wheel drives don't have the hump, so I'd need to cut a channel out of the mj to get the seats to fit...

JT, I think you might be able to do that. If I remember right, alot of that hump is to accomodate for the transfer case. Someone on here actually hammered it in a bit to fit seats and I think his was 4WD. I will see if I can find it.