Rear MJ springs

Why do you need 4? 2 MJs?

A set of good condition used springs assembled with your current main leafs (with the eyes cut off) thrown in as AALs (under the new main leafs) should produce about an inch of lift over stock.

Thats abt what i have... Just need 2 go a lb higher in rear

The body makes it look like the front is higher w/o a load

in the bed...

Please talk in normal english. That texting crap is very irritating and hard to read...save that for your phone or what ever ;) . Thanks... :thumbsup:

Sounds like you just want to replace the AAL's to get back what you had. That is the problem with them...they only last a short time. You probably need to create a complete bastard pack of your own to fit your need.

Thats abt what i have... Just need 2 go a lb higher in rear

The body makes it look like the front is higher w/o a load

in the bed...

Dude --

This is a discussion forum, not a cell phone. Please don't use TXT MSG abbreviations on here, it makes it a LOT more difficult for the rest of us to know what you're trying to say.

For example, what I see in the above is that you want to carry one more pound in the rear of your MJ. ("lb" is the abbreviation for "pound," remember?) The MJ is rated to carry 1400 pounds, so why you need to change the springs to carry one more pound doesn't make sense.

Yeah -- but the rest of us still have to try to figure out what he's trying to say. Life's too short - I speak English, not TXT MSG

Eagle, We got to remember you, Taz, that guy in Maine, me and a couple others are the "over 40 club" on here ... don't get me wrong, I too find it hard to read these threads, but these "kids" like it and do it all the time. I have been talking to some of my Neices and Nephews on facebook and an getting more used to it. :eek:

CW

well sorry everybody... but I'm 40 and bought an Iphone because I'm not allowed to use a computer at work... (DOT) Deptartment of Transportation filters; hello?

also I work a minumum 12 hrs a day... even today (sunday)... when I get home, after the drive time is at a premium... hence the Iphone...

So if you guys wanna turn wanker on me... what ever... it's not like this thread has taught me anything so far that I don't already know...

I had to sneak this message when the big boss got off the boat... such is the life of a "state worker"... now if I can get a signal I can send this...

Enjoy the Supa Bowl... I'm watching it between landings in the Engine Rm of a ship right now...

So if you guys wanna turn wanker on me... what ever... it's not like this thread has taught me anything so far that I don't already know...

eeeeasssy trigger.........if we'd have known you were communicating via phone, as Pete correctly guessed, I don't think it would be a big deal. it's all good now.

eeeeasssy trigger.........if we'd have known you were communicating via phone, as Pete correctly guessed, I don't think it would be a big deal. it's all good now.

It's all good, except he's complaining about not getting any useful information, and I don't think anyone really knows what he's asking. I'm sure I don't.

I believe he already has add-a-leafs but still wants to add about another 1-1.5"

I think there are some chevy shackles you can use to add this much lift. I'm not sure which year or style tho. I'm sure someone on here will chime in with the answer.

Heck with the over 40 club - how about over 60 club

I thought I read or heard some where that doing both an add a leaf and longer shackles was a no no

It depends on the AAL.

Longer shackles allow the spring to flex more. Flexing more (meaning a wider range, not more frequently) induces fatigue faster than with a stock configuration, with the amount of flex limited by the suspension design and bump stops (if you still have them).

An AAL that when disassembled doesn't match the arch of the other leaves will produce some lift for awhile, but it fatigues quickly because in essence it is fighting the other leaves. However, a "home-brew" AAL using (for example) another set of MJ main leaves with the eyes cut off the end doesn't have this problem. The arch in the AAL matches the arch of the other leaves, so the result is a stronger, longer-lasting spring. But ... you won't get a huge lift that way. Adding just an extra main leaf might generate an inch and a half of lift. But if you have a complete set of MJ springs, you can also trim the tips off the second leaves and splice them into your spring pack. You'll get more lift, a VERY durable spring, and if you don't use one-piece rebound clips that prevent the leaves from opening up a bit, you'll still have good articulation. A flexy spring with a lot of leaves is generally a better spring than one that has fewer, stiffer leaves.

Heck with the over 40 club - how about over 60 club

I thought I read or heard some where that doing both an add a leaf and longer shackles was a no no

Not nessecerily... It raised my rear abt 1"

If I wasnt on a PDA I could explain... Even

draw a diagram.... But I won't be in front

Of another computer 4 14 hrs at least...

Eagle , by second leaf do you mean second down from the main ? Where can you get the right kind of clips ? Over 40 club is where it's at . 8)

I believe he's referring to taking an MJ main leaf, cutting the eyes off, and putting it between the top and 2nd leafs on your truck. Like this:

Eagle , by second leaf do you mean second down from the main ? Where can you get the right kind of clips ? Over 40 club is where it's at . 8)

I believe he's referring to taking an MJ main leaf, cutting the eyes off, and putting it between the top and 2nd leafs on your truck. Like this:

No, I'm referring to doing that, PLUS trimming the "donor" MJ second leaves and inserting them into the packs as an additional AAL. The sequence would then be:

Original main leaf

Trimmed donor main leaf

Original second leaf

Trimmer donor second leaf

Original third leaf

Original overload leaf

I like the idea of a flexy spring with more leafs . Hence the Deaver springs with 8,9,10+ leafs , better ride and more travel . Would you happen to have a pic of the Rebound Clip you mentioned and or a link to where I could get them ?

No, I'm referring to doing that, PLUS trimming the "donor" MJ second leaves and inserting them into the packs as an additional AAL. The sequence would then be:

Original main leaf

Trimmed donor main leaf

Original second leaf

Trimmer donor second leaf

Original third leaf

Original overload leaf

Ah. :thumbsup: I might try that on the 90 when it gets warmer out. :D (You know, when global warming finally kicks in to free us from this ice age.)