Replacing Clutch

Getting through my projects one at a time. Just finish fabricating a transfer and transmission skid plates. After I resolve removing the rust from under the carpeting. My next project will be replacing the clutch.

1. Need advice on best clutch (stay with OE) or some more (remember I have the 2.5)

2. Any good place where I can find some good instructions on how to replace the clutch

Thanks - This site helps a lot - I appreciate everyone help

Do you have a manual for the MJ yet? Even the Haynes manual has a good write-up for the clutch. Oh, 1 piece of advice, from the "did that , wished I hadn't" class- remember to put the flat side of the new clutch plate towards the flywheel, other wise you will be doing the clutch again fairly soon.... :wall:

There is a downloadable FSM posted on the site here... http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... =9&t=12517

There are good aftermarket clutches out there, but if the slave cylinder is internal you should really stay with OE on that part.

You post that so much i would put it in your sig block and use one of those link shrinkers and rename it MJ FSM!!! Maybe we all should!! i think i see that link at least twice a day in posts. It is very nice to have.

Cole

couple tips FWIW....

DON'T use an air impact to tighten the clutch cover bolts....use a torque wrench in steps with a cross-pattern

DO use locktite on the clutch cover bolts

DO replace the slave while you're in there, if it's internal. Not a bad idea to replace the RMS and check the welch plug in the back of the block and replace (but you'll need to pull the flywheel to do this)

DO replace the flywheel and the pilot bearing if they are anything less than 100%

Jeff

There is a downloadable FSM posted on the site here... http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... =9&t=12517

There are good aftermarket clutches out there, but if the slave cylinder is internal you should really stay with OE on that part.

You post that so much i would put it in your sig block and use one of those link shrinkers and rename it MJ FSM!!! Maybe we all should!! i think i see that link at least twice a day in posts. It is very nice to have.

Cole

:yes: I keep all of my favorite threads bookmarked so it's easy to get to them when I need them...especially the FSM & the Electrical manuals ;)