After Lift My Rear Tires Rub

Ok did a 2" lift front and 1 1/2" back on my MJ. I used my factor rims and put Mud 30x9.5 on. Lots of room upfront ny chance of it ever rubbing. But when I went out and did some simple trail rides - testing suspension for travel and rubbing - and when I got back I was surprise to see rubbing on the truck box at the top where the tires rubbed.

That was a shock to me http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/post ... =post&f=2#

What should I do? http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/post ... =post&f=2#

They were stock steel rims off of a 86 cherokee - 7 inch

The rear was lifted with add a leafspring. The bumpstop is still on. I was thinking of placing a 2" spacer between the frame and the bumpstop to lower it back down to account for the lift

You know everytime I go out to do some rock climbing and off-road I look for mud so I can have this nice dirty truck to post a picture of - but you know here in the desert finding a big enough mud hole is almost impossible.

Would the new steel buildup on the axle have to be solid or could a fabricate a steel box from 3/16" and mount that

Bump stops are not the problem. There is very little clearance betwen the inner wall of the tires and the fender at the rear of an MJ. When the suspension articulates (one side extended, the other side compressed), the tires tip, and the inside of the "stuffed" tire rubs the sheet metal.

The solution is rims with less backspacing (which then creates other problems in the front), or spacers in the rear.

I had a problem with my 235/75R15s on 15x7 stock rims hitting the inside of the rear wheel wells under flex. Both with stock rear suspension and with 4.5" lift. Those tires are pretty much equivalent to 30x9.50.

Fixed mine with 1.5" spacers.

Let me try to see if i read write. You are rubbing on your bed wheel well on the inside of the tire? Mine does this and i have a shiny spot from rock crawling. Theres not anything to tear the tire so i havent worried with it. You would want less backspacing if this is the case. Here is a pic is yours rubbing where my shiny spot is its a old pic so it bigger and brighter now. :D (the only thing close to chrome on the truck)

Cole