Brake pedal asmbly swap

grab the spacer, but you may not need it (I didn't use it and don't have any problems). You'll have to splice your brakelight wires into the new switch.....there's 6 wires on the new switch but you only need two of them, the pink and the white ones. Doesn't matter which way you splice them into the two wires in the harness, it's only a contact switch that closes and makes continuity.

Jeff

I planning on doing the same, just haven't been able to find a donor at JY. I thought I read somewhere the brake switch also controls something with the AW4? T/C lockup or something. Is this correct? If so any info on wiring it up. Thanks.

I've put the 96 booster in with the 96 brake pedal. The brake switch is not my biggest problem. It's the cruise control switch that I haven't seen anyone address. The 89 XJ that I got it out of has a bracket on the brake pedal for it but the 96 does not. Did the 96's use a different method for the cruise control switch? :dunno:

:cheers:

I've put the 96 booster in with the 96 brake pedal. The brake switch is not my biggest problem. It's the cruise control switch that I haven't seen anyone address. The 89 XJ that I got it out of has a bracket on the brake pedal for it but the 96 does not. Did the 96's use a different method for the cruise control switch? :dunno:

:cheers:

I'm assuming that's what at least some of the other four wires are for on the 96 switch :dunno: ....I don't have cruise so I just cut them off on mine.