door weather stipping where can i buy it

I had a rip in the door seal on the drivers side a while back and cold winter air would rush in. I picked-up a good seal from a 4-door early 90's XJ at the JY for $20.

Although the seal is now tight, the seal must be larger b/c I really need to slam the door to close it-very annoying at times.

Although the seal is now tight, the seal must be larger b/c I really need to slam the door to close it-very annoying at times.

That is the one and only consistent complaint I have heard about doing this change.

This is why I'm a little worried about doing the swap. Besides the slamming of the door, which could lead to a possible broken glass ( I've seen it), I believe over time the added thickness will start to affect the hinges and the latch.

Think about it like this. Go into your house and pick a interior door, open it up and set a piece of material about a 1/4 inch thick on the hinge side of the door jam. Now close the door. Do you hear the cracking or popping coming from the hinge side? Does the latch pull tight against the catch? When you turn the knob to open it, did it spring open? I bet if you look, the latch scratched into the catch as it popped free.

I know that's a little dramatic but I think you get the idea. Now think how 20 year old truck hinges, that have been know to come off without the larger seals, will react. Just some food for thought.

:cheers: