Custom Exhaust

Hi, I am looking to get an mj as my first car. I have loved them ever since I saw my first one. I always get excited and get a little ahead of my self with these kind of things so I am trying to get some modification ideas before I actually get my truck(I want a 4wd short bed but Ill be happy with any thing that runs).

I want to do a custom exhaust to make it come out of the bed like this

deanhaydenclose.JPG

thoughts?

Stacks can be cool if it's a diesel, but generally regarded as poor if on a gas rig. But aside from that, it can really cause problems. The fumes can easily come back into the truck. The hot pipe is right there where you can burn yourself or cargo in the bed. The noise will not be insignificant. :(

Welcome to the Club... :cheers:

While it can be done, and I have seen an XJ with the back cut off and the exhaust run up the back in that fashion that didn't look terrible...I have to aggree that it is not the best idea for this type of truck. If it is something that you really want, then by all means go for it and take pictures to share with us on how it is done :yes:

I guess Ill scrap this idea then, thanks for the input
We don't intend to be discouraging...it's just opinions (as you asked for) :cheers: . You should ultimately do what is best for you and your truck :thumbsup: .

No I understand like I said this will be my first truck so I'm just looking for ideas I don't really know what will and will not work yet. I like hearing peoples opinions good or bad.

How hard is a 2wd to 4wd conversion It night be another year before I get an MJ but most of the ones in my area on craigslist now are 2wd

The 4WD conversion is not terribly difficult if you can get a good donor vehicle to get all of the needed stuff from at one time. The short verison is... You need a transmission, transfer case, front axle, front driveshaft and all the hardware to assemble it. :cheers:

That's definitely NOT a Comanche, but yes, it is easy to see what you are talking about. It doesn't actually look too bad on a rig that big :cheers:

Build your MJ that big and I would agree that it would be an OK thing to do :thumbsup:

lol now I feel like an idiot, I wasnt even paying attention to what kind of truck it was I just assumed it was because I saw the pic on this forum. Also I have no intention of making my comanche that big altough it would be pretty cool.

Like I said I probably won't do it but here's a pic of a comanche with what I was talking about

EDIT: Whoops not a comanche but you still get the idea

Yeah, the pic is of a 'yota, but on the left side of the pic, i see a red 'Manche :D

Like I said I probably won't do it but here's a pic of a comanche with what I was talking about

EDIT: Whoops not a comanche but you still get the idea

Yeah, the pic is of a 'yota, but on the left side of the pic, i see a red 'Manche :D

huh, i wonder who that could be... ;)

i think it would be cool to have the exhaust come out the top of a rollbar.