lincoln locker???

I have a minispool in the front of my 88 (ford axle with hubs) and I love the straight-line traction, but hate it the rest of the time. I've had bind so bad that I couldn't turn the wheel. And that was on muddy trails. It was absolutely dreadful at times in Moab. I'm replacing with a lunchbox locker so it will at least unlock when I shift into 2wd. I went with the minispool because I have hubs I can unlock for the street.

i had an aussie locker (detroit EZ locker) in the front of my old XJ, worked fine on the street, i could hardly ever tell it was there until i hit a parking lot, a bit noisy around sharp turns, but some thicker gear dope quiets it down. Off road it was amazing and wouldnt trade it for anything.

Never weld a front axle if you don't have manual hubs (or a disconnect font axle). Its just dangerous and you can't turn corners.

i had an aussie locker (detroit EZ locker) in the front of my old XJ, worked fine on the street, i could hardly ever tell it was there until i hit a parking lot, a bit noisy around sharp turns, but some thicker gear dope quiets it down. Off road it was amazing and wouldnt trade it for anything.

Never weld a front axle if you don't have manual hubs (or a disconnect font axle). Its just dangerous and you can't turn corners.

Smart man with good advice!! :D :yes:

DO NOT RUN A SPOOL in the front on the street! (Welding is in effect the same this as having a spool) I have run a aussie for years in the front and its all but uinvisable. Even in corners mine is fairly quiet, with the raido on you don't even hear it. With the top off yes you can hear it, but its never a problem.

CW

If the axle still has a disconnect, that means it's still running the puny 260 U-joints and that's pretty much a reason unto itself to avoid a spool. :yes: Unless he got some shafts from a 95 YJ. Rumor has it those ones came with 297s. :drool: