my project

COLAB

Hello,

I want to jack it to 4.5'', with tire size 32/15, make a complete red original paint, redo the interior color original olso leave it stock remains the most possible, in any case first.

same as :

http://rk605l10.jpg

Have you done any research on what lift you are going with? If not, be sure to look through the other project threads here for some help in making that decision. Motion Offroad, Hell Creek Suspension and Rubicon Express all make some nice stuff just to name a few.

most likely ALL OF US will tell you to run away from Rusty's. they have poor customer service, lots of parts failure, and poor quality lifts in general.

strike them from your list, and go to Rough Country, RE, M-O, OME, or something along those lines. but DO NOT buy Rusty's. you will regret it.

the first one I wouldn't buy from...the sell scout parts and I wouldn't trust their judgement or parts if the website says scout, but they're selling comanche lifts.

the second one, I wouldn't do either, because it's more expensive than just ordering straight from Rough Country.

roughcountry.com

Good advice so far...and yes...stay away from Rusty's... :ack:

A good general rule...if you find a lift in the range that you are wanting and it's less than $700 - $800, it's probably not worth it. Remember...you get what you pay for :idea:

at 4.5" you're looking at almost having to go with long arms, or at the very least both adjustable uppers and lowers to be able to get that thing back in alignment. Long arms will improve your ride over the short arms, they won't be at such a steep angle as the short arms.

You could always go with a set of drop brackets. There are a bunch of other things at need to be addresed with going over 4.5" of lift.

Brake lines

track bar

swaybar links

shocks

This is just the front end. The rear has it's own set of problems.

New leaf pack or SOA?

what to do with the load sensing arm

Make sure you do as much research as you can before you pull the trigger on a off the shelf lift kit. At the least the kit should address most of what I've mentioned.

Good luck and post some pics of the build!

You are doing (have done?) a 4.5" lift, no?

I have a 4.5" lift and found the following for shocks:

Rear:

Monroe #59358, $20.99 a piece at Advance Auto Parts with an extended length center to center of 25"

possibly Gabriel #61582 for $21.99 a piece at Autozone, which supposedly measure 25", but not verified.

Front:

Gabriel #81440 , $14.99 each lifetime warranty from Autozone. They extend from 14 5/8" to 24 5/8", 4" longer than stock shock.

The Gabriels for the front are the longest ones in the catalogue and are meant for a compact car, but work good on a Comanche. I didn't have access to a Monroe catalog to see if they have anything longer. Only other option is universal shocks, all of which are way more expensive ($50+ per shock).

Yes...If that is your choice in shock, you can use them. You will have to have the delaer that is selling them to you look up the correct ones for your lift. Rancho makes a decent product, but my personal preference in shocks is the ProComp ES9000's.

ok ok. Can i install the 9000 Ranchos Series , and wich one ? :brows:

I run RS9009 shocks up front with lowered lower shock mounts. They have 11.8"of travel if I remember correctly.

They are meant to be used in dual shock set-ups.

The adjustment range is from softer then any other shock I have seen to stiffer then the stiffest RS5000's I have ever seen.

They ride great and work awsome offroad as well.

Gabriel ?????????? that's ring look like a song............ :laughin: :razz:

do u have a link for a dealer for this shock, please ? ;)

I got mine from Autozone. I know Advance does not have them, but I'm sure there are other Gabriel dealers out there.