Snow Day in SoCal

MJ'87

I'm in cali too, costa mesa right outside of newport. 4 feet at mt. high!! jamminz.gif Hittin the slopes this weekend. It has melted for the most part, but even silverado canyon got snow early in the week.

I've haven't seen any other Comanches driving around Costa Mesa. :D

I'm in cali too, costa mesa right outside of newport. 4 feet at mt. high!! jamminz.gif Hittin the slopes this weekend. It has melted for the most part, but even silverado canyon got snow early in the week.

How can you with all that snow?

Mountain High is a ski resort a couple hours north of here. Costa Mesa is by the ocean. I don't think it's ever snowed here.

:D

Assuming it's 4wd, with good snow tires (or M/T), chains and lockers front and rear.

My 4WD Suburban with rear locker and new ATs went through powder higher than the hood now problem until the radiator got blocked by packed snow up against the AC condenser and it started to overheat. Wet stuff takes a bit more traction.

Here is some more calie snow , monterey (central coast)

this pic is from last year i think , but thats what it looks like right now on the hill , also this pic aint mine .

mar4-snowinmonterey.jpg

i live three blocks to the right from that big hotel

and having fun in said snow on the other side of the mountain lastyear in my budies "shop truck" with the kids , mines the one on the out side.

SuperWade,

Very nice find on that Jan. 15, 1949 snow fall in Costa Mesa.

I was less than 1 year old then, but where I was (Scotland), snow was a normal thing. Glad to say I have lived in Southern California since I was 4 years old. Never could get my mom and dad to take me to Big Bear for the snow. My dad said he had seen enough snow (in Scotland) to last him a lifetime!!

JJ