investment advice

chunks6067

ok so ive been debating this for a while but don't know what to do

Came across a bit of cash the other day and not sure if i should buy a D44 i found in an old 87cherokee or buy a rifle

Around this time of the year i feel a bit bad buying anything for my self, but the last time i checked i had everyone covered(as far as gifts for the family and gas money to go visit them for Christmas)

I am currently in college and don't usually have this kind of money to spend on myself and i guess thats why it is a hard decision for me

I currently don't wheel my D35 hard at all but do plan on going SOA and when i do ide like to swap in the D44 (as far as price i am still working on it with the guy from the local yard) (what would be a good price? and what specifics should i look at?)

As far as the rifle - I'm not a super hard core hunter or outdoor sportsman ..just like to go to the range every now and then with the family and target practice (has just became a new sport for me)

not too sure exactly what i would be looking into buying either as far as type/brand or the kind of advice due to the sensitivity of the issue

any advice?

thanks!

as far as price i am still working on it with the guy from the local yard) (what would be a good price?

Don't know what part of Texas you are in, but there is a junkyard in san antonio that according to car-part.com has 2 D44s with 3.55 gears for $200 each. People have found better deals than that, but if you are within a reasonable driving distance of San Antonio, i would have than in mind when negotiating a price with the yard you are working with.

Thanks jt but i get that kind of advice from my Finance class everyday :smart:

Boilermaker: About the D44 i think thats the way I'm leaning, thanks for the info about the two in SA thats where ill look if this falls through

$200 is a bit high too in my opinion but right now thats the starting price I'm going to see if i can get it down a little more

as for the rifle ill just ask my gf for it :thumbsup:

Thanks jt but i get that kind of advice from my Finance class everyday :smart:

There's a reason for it though... It is a good idea. I save about 20-25% of each pay check, the majority is for long term and some of it goes into the 'fund for whatever' account that if it grows too much I transfer into my long term savings.

It's nice knowing that if I lose my job today, I have enough savings that I can go for a couple months without being employed. And if I don't lose my job, I might actually be able to retire before I'm 90.