Different Spring Setups?

I bought an 89 comanche that already has a lift on it somewhere in the 5 inch range from what I was told and comparing it to others. My question is that, it sits lower in the front then it does in the rear, and I am trying to figure out what the best method would be to level the thing out. It has a a chevy v8 which I am sure is weighing it down alittle bit but it just has the stock bumper for now (not much weight). How do I tell what size coil springs this thing has and whether it has a spacer or not. I am not familiar with how the stock MJ, XJ coil spring setup looked like. Also did comanches have leaf springs up front as well.

Being able to tell what coil it is by simply looking at it is going to pretty much impossible. If you can take the wheel off and get a picture of the complete spring we can tell you if it has a spacer in it or not. A spacer is typically a 2" - 3" thick either rubber or poly piece that is on top of the spring. If there is not one there, you could do that to level it, but it would be better to get some taller lift springs to do the job once you figure out what you have. It sounds like you may need to go to a 6 - 6.5" spring if what you have learned is correct.

My truck is at home and I only have a few pics for now that would even remotely show anything. This is the best I have for right now. It is the spring a hard plastic looking thing then a rubber material pad on top. I wasnt sure if the top stuff was stock and it just had a longer spring or what.

The tires are 35's and the rear is SOA looks like stock springs but I am no expert. The hood with the two scoops is how I got the truck they came off and I cut the hood up added some sheet metal on the sides, to let some of that hot air out from the V8.

Being 35's, those have to be 4" springs with 2" spacers...so as already suggested, go with some 6.5" springs and you should be good as far as height goes. If they were stock springs and only 2" spacers, you would not be clearing those tires that well even with the cutting and it would be much lower in the front than what I see in those pictures.

As for control arm issues...that will be another monster to tackle.

Being 35's, those have to be 4" springs with 2" spacers...so as already suggested, go with some 6.5" springs and you should be good as far as height goes. If they were stock springs and only 2" spacers, you would not be clearing those tires that well even with the cutting and it would be much lower in the front than what I see in those pictures.

As for control arm issues...that will be another monster to tackle.

What do you mean control arm issues?

Your V8 may well be lighter than a 4.oh. If not, it is comparable.

And it looks like you might have a 3" spacer, actually. But I suck at judging stuff like that without being there. Dunno, could be V8 ZJ coils with a 2.5 or 3" spacer. The number of turns in the coil is consistant with them, by my memory.

As to if adding a bumper and winch will knock you back down... Well, yeah, maybe. It might sag an inch. It shouldn't sag more than that. Unless you're one of those 'I need to use 1/2" plate for my entire bumper' people.