Should I?

BookspanS

Should I try to attempt this?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should I try to attempt this?

• Yes, GO FOR IT
    • No, it's too much trouble

I used to own a 1978 Cadillac Miller-Metor hearse a few months back before the 'Manche, and I am thinking about finding another one to try to build into an offroad specticle. Nothing too fancy, maybe just lift it a few inches and do the 4WD works on it. Thinking about throwin a D44 in the rear, but not sure what to do up front. Going to go with a manual tranny (any suggestions?) and maybe an older jeep engine my friend has lyin around. What ya'll think?

Uhkay...

Personally I wouldn't. I think a herse would make a great sleeper or DD (lots of cargo space, and seating for all the kids). Off-road, no.

The wheelbase is way too long. WAY too long. And unless you trim the all hell out of it, it will be tall, too tall...

But, if your idea of wheeling is the same as the vid it would work fine.

I just want it for the looks, no REAL wheeling intended. I just want something that someone will do a tripple-take before they go :eek: "WAS THAT A HEARSE?? :hmm: "

:teehee:<====== My reaction to theirs

What motor is in the hearse? To me I would think 1 ton axles would be a must. The weight of that thing has to be 5k plus. For a trans.. depending on the motor.. a NV4500 would be a must as well... near bullet proof. All that being said... I think buildng a 4 wheel drive cheevette would be cooler :smart:

I vote no!

You are getting ready to leave for boot soon. The last thing you need laying around is a bunch of projects that will not get finished for at least 4 years. You have no way of knowing when and where the Navy will send you.

Keep the MJ for now, once you get a few years under your belt in the Navy you can then decide to get another project truck.